Anyone trading in the Bahamas?

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by John Kehdrad, Nov 11, 2011.

1. 'Lucrative' means money making opportunities...:cool:

#11     Nov 18, 2011

2. What about wireless prepaid internet ? 3G ?

#12     Nov 18, 2011
  3. You can easily get wireless preepaid internet down here. And I heard in an ad the other day that the local phone company here (BTC) is preparing to offer 4G early next year.

Anyone who is planning to move here can easily come down on a trip to check out the technology and infrastructure.

I couldn't do what I do down here if the infrastructure wasn't there...

#13     Nov 18, 2011
  4. In order to stay down here for more than a 3 month tourist visa, you would need some sort of residency status. The actual cost of the permanent resident card is minimal, however what is expensive is what you have to do to get it. In my case I bought a house (I actually have a condo too). A much cheaper way however would be to set up a small business and hire yourself to get the status, and then rent a cheap place.

#14     Dec 7, 2011
  5. Humpy

Humpy

It's called The Vagina club !

:)

#15     Dec 8, 2011
  6. Humpy

Humpy

whoops wrong island

Club Waterloo

#16     Dec 8, 2011
  7. robbo

robbo

Hi John, How much does it cost to set up a small business?

#17     Dec 9, 2011
  8. EON Kid

EON Kid

John what do the actual houses sell for vs the HGChristie asking price

http://www.hgchristie.com/details/nassau-new-providence/sandyport/house-ns07087

I heard violent crime has been getting worse with the economic down turn, how is it in general & within the gated communities?

#18     Dec 12, 2011
  9. It depends on the type of business. The Bahamian people seem to really love food :p . So a good food business would probably do well. I know someone who is presently setting up a Sushi Bar, but he's going really high-end in the tourist area.

Introducing a new food franchise down here would probably work well I think.

J

#19     Dec 15, 2011
  10. Crime really has increased significantly down here, and its a big deal considering the country's elections are coming up next year. But they don't really bother with foreigners though.

I own a condo that's a part of a gated complex, but my house isnt in a gated community.

You can get a nice 3 bed 2 bath between $3 and $4 hundred thousand. But I think for residency status they are upping it to at least half a mill...

J

#20     Dec 15, 2011