Anyone trading from Singapore?

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by Remiraz, Jun 23, 2004.

1. bstay

bstay

#201     Dec 17, 2012
  2. budfox83

budfox83

trillenium,

just saw your post. I had some experience developing some flat price systems for futures during grad school at MIT. took up a job in advisory afterwards though, so trading took the back burner. i'm interested in getting back in the game though. would love to chat to see if there are any common interests areas to work together.

please PM me as my PM functionality doesn't seem to be enabled yet.

thanks,

budfox

#202     Jan 7, 2013
  3. Tanuki

Tanuki

I know it is possible to trade from home using professional solutions like Sungard / GL Trade.
    I think Phillip Futures is providing it.
    Is anyone using this? Any feedback?
    Besides I've seen their new product "marketmap" for technical analysis/news/quote which is VERY nice. It works with GLWin too.
    Not sure whether UOB is providing this software though?

I heard you can trade both equities and derivatives using this GLWin. Anyone tried it?

Thanks!

#203     Jan 29, 2013
  4. luisHK

luisHK

Singapore traders - do you get into tax troubles when trading is your main business or you trade very actively (ie do you end up paying cap gain tax, possibly as income ? ) or do you enjoy the singapore no cap gain tax anyway ?

In the case cap gain might be taxed, if it's your main income, do you just trade through an offshore company, as I think singapore tax system is similar to Hong Kong's and strictly territorial - ie one only pays taxes on locally derived income ?

#204     Feb 3, 2013
  5. Tanuki

Tanuki

hi guys,

Someone to help?

#205     Feb 7, 2013
  6. I've had a short hands on GL Marketmap, my office used to have it.

My opinion, wasn't that good and pricey as well. In fact, they decide to move to NextVIEW instead. But a lot depends on your trading needs, you can try calling up GL Singapore and request for a demo.

#206     Mar 16, 2013
  7. Gonz

Gonz

Do you have the screenshot of the "marketmap" features? I have developed a simple marketheat tool (not sure if its the same as marketmap) for Singapore stocks. If you have any feature request, pls email me. btw, the site is FOC.

[​IMG]

#207     Sep 20, 2013
  8. sommm7

sommm7

Hi guys

I will finish my studies next summer, major: banking & Finance, and would like to get a job in Singapore.

Any ideas and hints how to get a job there?

thanks a lot!

Mike

#208     Nov 21, 2013
  9. tonylim

tonylim

Hi, I am from Sinapore. Anyone trading Nikkei 225 Index Options and KOSPI 200 Index Options?

#209     Mar 23, 2014
  10. xandman

xandman

Hey, guys. Do you guys know the company investamatic?

I worked with them during the 90s. it was an equities research platform and was in all the major banks and brokers.

The company was founded by a guy named Mr. Yeoh. i forgot his first name, but his younger brother is Allan Yeoh.

#210     Mar 23, 2014