Anyone trading from Singapore?

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by Remiraz, Jun 23, 2004.

1. Remiraz

Remiraz

Hmmm we have prop firms in Singapore? :eek:

Mind recommending a few?
    I'm considering joining a prop firm to day trade NASDAQ.
    Didn't know our finance sector is developed enough to have such firms here! (our finance sector is pretty screwed up lol)

#11     Aug 12, 2004
  2. Bulleye. what software/system u use for Nasdaq trading?? and whats the price?? thanks.

#12     Aug 12, 2004
  3. bulleye

bulleye

Basically newcomers have to undergo 3mths training, and we trade on firm's capital. Though Singapore branch is setup not long ago, the parent company is well-established long enough in Canada. Its the 1st time they are into Asia. 2 branches were also setup in China, together with Singapore branch. Prop trading is new in Singapore. Its best to remain low-profile as I believed too much of a ho-ha may attract MAS attention. Its fully legal in Singapore, just that u know, the govt likes to "get a share of everything", and the worst if they setup restrictions here and there, u shld know what i mean.

Yeah, our financial sector is screwed up! So well-regulated I have to admit, but very few get caught doing "under-table" stuff. sigh...

Take care. :(

#13     Aug 12, 2004
  4. bulleye

bulleye

Hi, I cant tell u the name of the software, it can't be bought off the self from mkt, as its proprietary software developed in-house. Its much convenient to use, compared with those online local houses ones. U only get to use it when u join our company as prop trader.

Rgds :)

#14     Aug 12, 2004
  5. Remiraz

Remiraz

Canada...hmmm.
    I think I know which one.
    I pm u.

#15     Aug 12, 2004
  6. johncool

johncool

Hi Bulleye,
    I am surprised to hear that there are prop. firms in Singapore. I am very tempted to try it out. Can you tell me about your experience ? What are the startup cost ? Is the training provided any good ? How are you doing so far ?

#16     Aug 12, 2004
  7. Gonz

Gonz

aya... bulleye, there r nothing secret about it...

the software use is nothing special, its similar to IB with hotkey...
    as for their charting software, i think they use ESignal..

#17     Aug 12, 2004
  8. virgin

virgin

What's the website of that company ?

#18     Aug 12, 2004
  9. Gonz

Gonz

#19     Aug 12, 2004
  10. Remiraz

Remiraz

Okkie dokkie, I guess that counts me out.

By the way, what so infamous about Swift Trade?

I guess that means direct access trading thru an ECN from home is still the best choice...

#20     Aug 12, 2004