Anyone trading Eurex on Monday?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by pux03, Feb 8, 2004.

1. checking out eurexus - market depth shows up at IB but nothing on IB quotes grid for 2,5 or 10 year

#11     Feb 9, 2004
  2. checking out eurexus - market depth shows up at IB but nothing on IB quotes grid for 2,5 or 10 year

#12     Feb 9, 2004
  3. BKuerbs

BKuerbs

What do you mean? I see quotes and trades. Volume is much less than on eCBOT, but this is to be expected.

Regards

Bernd Kuerbs

#13     Feb 9, 2004
  4. Hi Bernd,

How did you manage to get this? If I request ticker 'FTNL', TWS replies by saying that it is not available or allowed for this account. It accepts 'TNL'and 'TBX' but does not show any data for MAR04. (All the others like ZB, DAX, ES, etc are ok).

Surprisingly, I have DOM data for TNL, not for TBX though.

Be good,

nononsense

#14     Feb 9, 2004
  5. BKuerbs

BKuerbs

Hi nononsense,

when in symbol mode, you have to enter the correct exchange name too. Any typo here and you get the error message you mentioned. I switched to "underlying mode" (from menu "view"), then entered "TNL", then simply follow the context menus which pop up. I then switched back to symbol mode.

And now the TWS kicked me out and I can't login. Anyone else having problems too?

Bernd Kuerbs

#15     Feb 9, 2004
  6. Hi Bernd,

This doesn't seem to be very logical. Maybe we should give IB a little bit more time to get used to these new contracts. I don't think we can do anything right now.

Do you also get the DOM for TNL? At me they keep on updating. It's the only thing I get!

Be good,

nononsense

#16     Feb 9, 2004
  7. BKuerbs

BKuerbs

Hi nononsense,

yes, very interesting. I'm getting MD for the TNL too, but not for the TBX (did not check the other tickers). I'm on gw1.

Regards

Bernd Kuerbs

#17     Feb 9, 2004
  8. Bernd,

I am on gw2. I get the TNL MD like you but WITHOUT the topline figures. The topline stays all black.

Be good,

nononsense

#18     Feb 9, 2004
  9. chisel

chisel

me too. :(

#19     Feb 9, 2004
  10. bebe

bebe

I am not getting any EurexUS data at all - screen has been blank all nite long. The other exchanges are fine. I am not alone and IB knows about the problem - "we are working on it".

eSignal (as one of the biggest data providers) still has no idea when they will start providing EurexUS data.

What a friggin shame! The world's largest futures exchange is here starting its operation and some of the biggest brokerages and data providers are simply not prepared. They just don't give a thing about the interests of their customers. They had many months to prepare! Wake up! They are acting just like the CBOT boys - when they felt threatened all of a sudden they started introducing new products and lowering their fees. Time may come soon when we start looking for European brokerages and data providers because ours in the US are incompetent? Sorry for fuming - but this is just ridiculous!:mad:

#20     Feb 9, 2004