Anyone trading CFD here?

Discussion in 'Options' started by Jaques, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Kap

Kap

Have CMC slowed up there fills ?>?? + 10 seconds if at all ? .. or is it only me ? .. keen to hear if so

#11     Jan 31, 2008
  2. The only excessive delays I've experienced are when my stop loss is/should have been taken out. I had an incident just last week when I was short Metcash (MTS). The stock was dropping away nicely, I cancelled my initial stop loss and setup a new stop at my entry price. About 5 minutes after I setup my new stop, the stock surged, passing through my stop + about 2%. My stop was still sitting there. The stock then fell back down below my stop (still no fill) and continued to whip-saw. I phoned them to work out what was going on and the bloke I got had no idea. He said my stop was on the system, should have been filled, didn't know why, blah, blah, blah......Anyway, I got him to push it through manually. Long story short, the delay on this occasion was about 10 minutes. I'm just glad the stock whip-sawed down from its surge. Could have been ugly.

#12     Jan 31, 2008
  3. Kap

Kap

sent a PM.

#13     Jan 31, 2008
  4. I believe CFD is just that play stock games with futures rules.

#14     Feb 3, 2008
  5. Kap

Kap

well ! if you start taking moola from these spread firms they soon put you on manual execution to see what you are up to - I have first hand experience, PM to discuss.

Kap

#15     Feb 13, 2008
  6. susan1

susan1 Guest

so it's not possible to trade CFDs if I live in the US?

#16     Feb 28, 2008
  7. MTE

MTE

No!

#17     Feb 28, 2008
  8. susan1

susan1 Guest

Thanks,

no need to shout

#18     Feb 28, 2008
  9. MTE

MTE

I didn't shout. Isn't shouting in CAPITAL LETTERS!? I apologize if you thought I did!

#19     Feb 28, 2008
  10. susan1

susan1 Guest

no problem :)
    so what is the US alternative to CFD type leverage, besides options?

#20     Feb 28, 2008