Anyone Trading BOT Ag Futures Electronically?

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by AAAintheBeltway, Aug 5, 2006.

1. I noticed the CBOT's ad on the ET homepage. I don't trade ags, and I didn't realize they had started offering side by side trading of ag contracts. Given the newfound interest in ags, I would expect this to turn into a hot product or products. Certainly I will take a look at it. Apparently there is some volume but not huge.

Anyone trading these?

2. Corn is deep enough after only 3 days - the rest are still a bit thin for me. Give it a month or two.

3. Pabst

Pabst

Volume in Corn has been extraordinary. Thursday the screen traded over 80,000 contracts.

4. Impressive!

5. The BOT is a must own stock. The ag volume could double or even triple. Not to mention the full members still have trading rights at the cboe. I think the stock eventually breaks through 134 and heads to 200. Thoughts?

6. Isn't the most liquid pit contract beans? Is there some reason corn is getting so much action?

7. Pabst

Pabst

No. Corn typically trades twice the volume of Beans.

8. i've been poking at wheat a little and its been good.tight spreads.its nice to have both pit and ecbot

9. I just tried a request for quote on a 2.5 sept call on corn and got no response on my interactive brokers account. Could some from IB tell me when they plan on offering quotes for these grain options? If I was planning to trade a lot of these could they get someone over at timber hill to make a half decent market. With the lower commissions I could likely be further ahead than using a pit broker.

10. trying to find the ecbot corn in tradestation. anyone know the symbol

80k volume is surprisingly tight

#10     Aug 7, 2006