Anyone trade with Point Direx today?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by Market-do, Sep 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. "SO YOUNG, SO ANGRY, ..DAMN THAT RAP MUSIC!!".

#31     Oct 3, 2002
  2. Mans on a ledge says he's gonna jump
    people gather round say "C'mon he's just a chump
    cause he lost his job
    then he got robbed
    his marrige is thru and his mortgage is due
    His wife took the kid's the car and the crib
    In this man's world so much for womens lib

Too much....Too many losing traders too much

#32     Oct 4, 2002
  3. richk

richk

Has anybody traded with PD last week ?

#33     Oct 5, 2002
  4. josh9010

josh9010

I spoke to a few guys there and they said SOES, BRUT and Island were up all last week. They said NYSE and SNET and others will be going up starting Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday.

#34     Oct 5, 2002
  5. MONTYT

MONTYT

I have an account with pd and I dont like what I'm hearing but who do you believe the company or people posting here.For traders that have an account with pd just phone the bank where you account is located to get peace of mind your money is safe even if they are in trouble.What I personaaly don't like is the fact they didn't notify anybody about this move if your were in any positions at the start of this mess you probably got screwed.Its very unprofessionall not to have phone lines up especially when platform's are down and its a full 2 weeks now and the platforms are not fully operational you keep being told couple days now couple days now I'm hearing that since wednesday 2 weeks ago.If they want to keep their customer base they want to get the act together or we will close accounts with them.They have the best platform in the business super fast executions so I dont understand why they should have any problems.I traded with them 3 days last week and dont like the mics fee's that I have been charged.I bought/sold 600 shares of a stock base commisions/pass through fee's the same but there is a misc fee for which I was charged 3.5$ for each 100 shares bought but then only have 1 misc fee of 3.5$ for selling total extra cost 24.5$ on top of the usual base plus pass through fee's total commision of trade was 36.01 screwed or what.I was then charged 3.5$ for every other trade made so all trades now have a extra 7$ on top of what we used to pay so if this is the new pd they will not be the cheapest but the most expensive broker out there .007 per share under 25000 daily volume plus pass through fee's so if you trade say 1000 shares average trade it will cost you 7$ to buy 7$ to sell then depending on route anything from 2.5$-5$ to buy then another 2.5-5$ to sell plus this 3.5$ to buy then another 3.5$ to sell so total ammount will average 26$ to 31$ per trade that taking into account they dont charged you this 3.5 for each 100 shares you buy/sell like they did with me on this 1 trade.I left my previous broker because of expensive commisions I was happy with their platform/commission/service before this move I'm not happy now so I'll wait till monday to speak to them to make my decision to stay or close my account.Trust me when I say this I know alot of traders who are waiting in the wings to hear what I have to say about this so if I close the traders waiting to open accounts will not open so that will not be good for their business or more so company rep. :confused: :mad: :

#35     Oct 5, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.