Anyone trade with Point Direx today?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by Market-do, Sep 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teksport

teksport Guest

Has anyone noticed that pointdirex.com offers 'online trading problems as low as $.005 per share'?

These idiots are their own worst enemy. :p

#21     Sep 30, 2002
  2. josh9010

josh9010

Did I ask for your opinion on PD, you MORON! (I got it right this time).......

I asked if you have a problem with middle eastern people.....

Why do you go about giving your two cents about the whole company, when I only asked that do you have a problem with middle eastern people.

Why are you so pissed off at PD anyway. Did you work from them? Probably got fired because of your crappy attitude!

#22     Sep 30, 2002
  3. jem

jem

Josh I am intrigued with you line of questioning. Are you trying to provoke a non politically correct response just so you can rant. If you are trying to set this guy up you are as messed up as you perceive him to be.

#23     Sep 30, 2002
  4. teksport

teksport Guest

My point is simple... PD is supposed to be a professional trading company, but they don't appear to be exactly candid about what is really happening with their company. I can understand the spin, and don't really blame them for making the best of a bad situation, but I'm not afraid take my place on the stump and tell the crowd that I believe something is amiss and caution is in order.

Getting evicted, losing your core development team, having your president leave and not having your communication lines up or customer support taking calls for weeks at a time is a crimson RED flag. I'm merely stating my opinion and pointing out facts to people whom I sure work as hard for their money as I do, and should be informed as much as possible in order to reduce risk.

Caveat emptor.

#24     Oct 1, 2002
  5. Hubert

Hubert

#25     Oct 1, 2002
  6. Hubert

Hubert

I tried to tell you guys something was up.

#26     Oct 1, 2002
  7. josh9010

josh9010

fyi.....

I am a former employee of PD. I got laid off with some others over the last month. There were some who got fired (disgruntled employee for instance).....but in my case, I was laid of.

My point; I know the owners pretty well. I was there for over a year. PD, just like many companies has gone through tough times, however, they have managed to survive! They were not evicted. They subleased the space they were in. Just stop by the space and you will see new tenants coming in.

For them to move into a building they own should not be a disgrace to their business. I think that's smart. I was at their office yesterday to pickup my pay check and saw the new facility. Not impressive, but it works. They are still in business.

I understand the problems they went through......but for people to jump to conclusions when a company downsize's is insane. Why base your opinions on rumors. Look at the facts. They are still operating. Downsizing doesn't mean going out of business. Moving out of one space doesn't mean eviction.

I am disturb by the fact that I was laid of, but I am facing the facts. I have nothing to do with the owners, nor do I care what they do.....in respect to PD, I owe it to them to put my two cents for anyone who speaks out of terms. They treated me well when I was there and I feel PD deserves my honest opinion. They have very good products and despite all this nonsense on this site, their customer base grows! daily!.

#27     Oct 1, 2002
  8. So what was/is their problem? Did they grow too fast? Were their overhead/expences out of control?

#28     Oct 1, 2002
  9. josh9010

josh9010

Yes. They did grow too fast. Overhead high etc...there were over 100 people working there at one time. Now they have much less and seems like a smooth operation.

#29     Oct 1, 2002
  10. teksport

teksport Guest

Could you imagine calling your bank, hoping that this time someone answers the phone, then finding out they don't have the capacity to determine your balance or conduct even minimal business? Why should we expect any less from our trading firm?

Major software problems have been well documented since this company's inception, and these are not getting any better. Today we still cannot conduct trades. Why were remote traders not informed to this impending move? When is their trading platform going to perform to even minimal standards? Want facts? Try logging on.

I was informed that this company had close to 3/4 of the 28th floor in the Suntrust building in downtown Orlando, and when they couldn't afford the lease anymore, they tried to turn in the keys, but this was rejected and litigation ensued. Why would management enter into a lease for the most expensive property in Orlando, but not take into consideration alternatives should the market not perform to expectations?

My two cents... the reason this company is failing is due to management ineptitude. Their lack of leadership and ignorance of even common business practices has lead to employee turnover in departments which are critical to the success of their product.

One case in point, software, which is what we traders can see and feel. Their development program has headed by many different people with varying degrees of skills and differing philosophies, creating a hodgepodge of software code that, in my opinion, new programmers cannot follow and have growing difficulties even maintain existing code, much less developing new features.

The accounting practices at this company are, in my opinion, extremely suspect, and I doubt would ever pass a thorough audit. GAAP is non existent, and once again turnover is a major problem.

This company fosters an environment of mistrust, apprehension, suspicion and the feeling that at any minute men in black coats are going to come barging in to close the place down and confiscate documents.

Lack of vision, no reasonable plan for the future and inexperience is dragging PD into the ground, and most employees leaving the company don't expect them to be around for another two months.
    If nothing else, they do have staying power, but how long can you beat the odds? How much money are they willing to lose before they have to swallow their pride and accept the fact that the Securities industry requires more skill than the leaders of this company will ever have.

Today I will do my trading friends a favor and go downtown to the courthouse and use the 'Freedom of Information Act' to get some more information on exactly what the situation is, and get back to the group. Maybe I'll swing by and see these supposedly 'new tenants'. My guess, I'll find an empty office, doors locked and papers strewn about as they made their hasty exit in shame.

#30     Oct 1, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.