Anyone trade with Nonko Trading?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Davidthird, Feb 2, 2013.

1. brad10

brad10

OK.. I think I have the scoop after emailing/talking to Nevis, Nonko, and IBW.

First IBW. They clear thru LEK and wouldn't tell me much more. I asked if they were part of Nevis Trading or vice versa and they said no: They don't have any relationship with Nevis and never did. Same about Nonko, they said they have never even heard of Nonko.

Nevis: Talked to them and they also said they have no relationship to IBW, nor ever did. Said they do NOT accept US traders and that they do not offer DAS.

Nonko: Confirmed they are NOT part of IBW. Said they had their own account at LEK UK. When asked about Nevis he said they were formally a group there but now they are on their own but they still have a very good relationship with Nevis. Nonko does accept US traders.

Now looking at when the companies started might say something (by checking when they registered their website). Nevis has been around since 2007, IBW and Nonko 2012. Furthermore, doing a search here on elitetrader has posts about Nevis going back to 2007 (all very positive), and IBW and Nonko just started last year.

Personally I need DAS so I am going to open an account at Nonko first and if that doesn't work out will look at IBW.

#11     Feb 4, 2013
  2. Lot's of other groups offer DAS which you make it seem is exclusive to IBW and Nonko. Let us know what Nonko is offering you in terms of rates, I am also speaking to them and 2 other firms that have DAS.

#12     Feb 5, 2013
  3. yeah, the family that owns DAS also owns brokerages and prop-firms. They own speedtrader, suretrader, swiss america, etc. There are lots of firms which offer DAS.

Looks like both TM Global & Nonko have their own custom versions of DAS. Not really sure what additional features they have though

#13     Feb 5, 2013
  4. ivan75

ivan75

I joined IBW International Brokers about a year ago and recently reached their Pro-Level, so I get better rates and platform for free. We're a group here in Moscow all trading with them and have nothing but good things to say. IM me if you have any questions and I'll be happy to tell you my experiences.

#14     Feb 17, 2013
  5. cmb

cmb Guest

bump...im still considering going the prop route. I dont really want to take the prop exams here in the states. any new information?

does anyone know if you can get rates lowered at Alliancetrader in Jamaica?

TM global and Nonko seem like the best for US passports

#15     May 17, 2013
  6. brad10

brad10

I opened a small account with them a couple of months ago. Lost half my money in a week due to stupid trading on my part and closed my account. Not where I need to be emotionally to trade successfully at this point. My money was sent back to me promptly after I requested to close my account. Their trading platform was excellent as well as customer support. I only traded there a week but had a good experience (except for dumb trading!!)

#16     May 17, 2013
  7. cmb

cmb Guest

^^ sorry to hear that you blew out your account.

I guess nobody has had any problems with Nonko, not that anyone would have a problem until it was too late for us to do anything about it!
    The only reason I have my doubts is that post awhile back with the trader showing a screen shot of his account. Add to that, that when I contacted them asking for information, they sent me the exact screen shot, it was pretty much the exact same set up. The dates were different, but same buying power, same balance.

Maybe its nothing. Another possibilty with that poster is that they also sent a email to the firm for information and got a reply with that screenshot. so he just posted that just clowning around. He knows everyone is taking this subject seriously.

Im almost ready to fund a 7 or 8k account with them or TM global. Its basically impossible to move up without using any leverage, or at the very least, being able to scalp in and out of positions intra day.

#17     May 18, 2013
  8. cmb

cmb Guest

and NEVIS! everyone says you are a great firm.....when are you planning on accepting US passports???? lol TM global, Alliance, suretrader,nonko accept US passports...why not you??? haha

#18     May 18, 2013
  9. dfwgal

dfwgal

If you have used the Das software before, then either one is fine since they both have their white label of it.
    My post will sound biased since I trade with Nonko...but from my experience they are the way to go. bp is great, fees are low, they get back to you the same exact day with any questions.
    Risk admins are very nice and helpful. Sounds silly maybe, but when you're in a trade and need immediate change for draw-down or size, i find this aspect of extreme importance.
    Best of all, you can close anytime, no holding your money or any of that non-sense.

#19     May 22, 2013
  10. DT3

DT3

I'm curious how much buying power they give, and and what you're paying per share if you don't mind sharing.

#20     May 22, 2013