Anyone trade while high?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Aisone, Aug 10, 2012.

Have you traded while high?

1. No.

53 vote(s)
    68.8%
  2. Yes and overall it's a NEGATIVE effect imo

8 vote(s)
    10.4%
  3. Yes and overall it's a NEUTRAL effect imo

4 vote(s)
    5.2%
  4. Yes and overall it's a POSITIVE effect imo

12 vote(s)
    15.6%
  1. Uhhhhh,, uh oh...

Hey, at least I wash it down with five coffees a day

#41     Aug 10, 2012
  2. Study after study shows that coffee has a ton of benefits. One even linked it to reduced chances of cirrhosis of the liver. So you can booze it up and still be OK if you drink coffee.

If coffee could kill a person, I'd be dead already. That's how much I drink.

#42     Aug 10, 2012
  3. themickey

themickey

I do lots of coding software and enjoy a dark beer when I get home in the evenings.
    But man, my brain functioning drops off a cliff. I can hardly code anything intelligent, but it sure relaxes me at the time.
    Some days I just don't drink because i know I've got work to do and a beer although enjoyable destroys my ability to think sharply big time.

I don't smoke or take drugs.
    I work very long hours and fear it is turning me into a boring old fart, constantly work at a computer day and night.

#43     Aug 10, 2012
  4. ============
    Mr A;
    Sure- IBD/William O 'Neill taught all his readers/deciples to ''buy high'']Above 200 day ma.LOL but true.

Same with Rch Dennis;
    buy high & and sell the low, because trends may extend.LOL but true.Not a prediction, wisdom is profitable to direct.:D

This post has nothing to do with drugs but i do buy high[good uptrend.] I am addicted to water;
    i recommend that addiction highly.:D

#44     Aug 16, 2012
  5. LEAPup

LEAPup

I'm a recovering alcoholic, but yes, I would like to have a glass of red and a filet now and then.:(

#45     Aug 16, 2012
  6. yeah, but don't you feel good the next morning when you didn't

#46     Aug 16, 2012
  7. LEAPup

LEAPup

That's so true!

I'll have an urge when at a nice steakhouse, but ginger ale keeps me alive vs the alternative.

#47     Aug 16, 2012
  8. sle

sle

To quote my old boss (an old CBOT trader):

When I got started in this business, there were three kind of people on the floor - the Ginnies, the Irish and the Jews. Irish would drink like fish, Italians would do coke. Jews? Jews would do both!

#48     Aug 16, 2012
  9. That's quite true because highly intelligent people are still going to be highly intelligent even if they are stoned out of their gourd.

Of course Depending upon the substance motor coordination can be highly impaired.
    The only problem I see in trading is optimism might be unduly affected.

#49     Aug 18, 2012
  10. When sooo many people have failed trading due to the remarkably difficult endeavor as it is, which BIMBO would decide to increase his chances of success while being high :D

#50     Aug 27, 2012