Anyone trade while high?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Aisone, Aug 10, 2012.

Have you traded while high?

1. No.

53 vote(s)
    68.8%
  2. Yes and overall it's a NEGATIVE effect imo

8 vote(s)
    10.4%
  3. Yes and overall it's a NEUTRAL effect imo

4 vote(s)
    5.2%
  4. Yes and overall it's a POSITIVE effect imo

12 vote(s)
    15.6%
  1. I think there is lots of truth here.

I knew a guy who killed himself after losing 10,000 in the market.

"actively control" is the key point.

#31     Aug 10, 2012
  2. I don't make a big deal out of it, it's something a lot of people make fun of and take lightly, but depression is just a mental illness (physically induced) like any other illness, and if you can find something that helps you balance it out, you are probably better off trying it than just "toughing it out."

I've thought about it a lot. If you are ever thinking about suicide, the first thing to do is go to Las Vegas and put it all on one bet.

That's what I did with ES, and it worked out, and I am still alive and living off that money today. (but I was on probation at the time and they wouldn't let me smoke pot, so I had to take all these medications like prozac (very bad) and trazedone (not bad), but I don't think it would ever have gotten to that point if they had just let me do my thing.

So in the end, I guess I could say, not taking drugs and contemplating suicide is probably good for trading (or at least it could be 50% of time) (or at least it was for me.))

#32     Aug 10, 2012
  3. I would like to know how many people take xanax or Klonopin or any benzo during the trading day to calm their nerves. Xanax is much more addictive and dangerous than marijuana. You mix benzos with alcohol you could die, no one has ever OD'd from marijuana. Then you have people may even take Oxy which is the worst by far.

#33     Aug 10, 2012
  4. with pot, you usually forget what you are doing before you smoke too much, I don't smoke it when I am trading, three days of smoking will usually keep me high for 14 days, and my average hold time is 8 days, then I get flat, so if the market cooperates it all works out.

agree, OXY is bad, so is vicadin, nothing more miserable than a prescription junkie.

none of those anti depressants work very long, a year at the most.

It would be nice if you could just clean out, eat right, move or get a new job, but it doesn't work that way. I am very extreme and have tried all those things, although I must admit, when I started trading full time again I noticed a remarked improvement in my mannerisms.

Problem with pot is the people who smoke it. Best to keep yourself at a distance from them. Buy it and get the hell out of there.

I miss the old days when I would go out in my kayak in the spring and look for a good place to plant (helpful hint, if you see beaver, there will be a good place to plant nearby) and go out in the fall and see if it was still there to harvest.

#34     Aug 10, 2012
  5. Fah Q

Fah Q

i find that drinking paint thinner helps calm my nerves

#35     Aug 10, 2012
  6. I'm kind of partial to shock therapy. I always keep a set of jumper cables in my trading kit.

#36     Aug 10, 2012
  7. Try salvia divinorum 10x in a good setting and get back to us.

#37     Aug 10, 2012
  8. alcohol and nicotine are horrible drugs, worst than most of the illegal drugs, hence why the system of deliberate human destruction has them readily available.

#38     Aug 10, 2012
  9. Fah Q

Fah Q

red wine is healthy in moderation

#39     Aug 10, 2012
  10. Well, then, I hope you are never in prison doing life without parole.

But, if you do ever find yourself in that situation, I hope you can continue to post your thoughts on it here at ET.

#40     Aug 10, 2012