Anyone trade the Jack Hershey/Grob109 technique for Forex?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by achilles28, Aug 13, 2006.

1. achilles28

achilles28

Which charting program do you like?

The favorite appears to be prophet.net charts. But their forex data feed is restricted to FXCM!

Ideally, I want an open-end charting app that allows me to select the FX feed.

Any help?

2. achilles28

achilles28

No one so far?

3. Samspon

Samspon

Care to post a link to their methods? I've never heard it.

4. achilles28

achilles28

Thanks for the link, NZD.

'Jacks' method works on nearly all securities.

Its Dow theory, expounded. Technical analysis *explicitly* defined.

Jack just explains the tactical rule set needed to apply technical analysis properly.

This is done through the correct drawing of trendlines, consideration to the multiple time fractals on which they appear (quarter, month, week, day, 4hr, 1hr etc) and the confirmatory/leading role volume plays to signal trend shift or continuance.

Volume is a major component of Jacks strategy - hence his inexperience with forex.

But Forex works on the EXACT same principles as any other market - except no volume (and its FASTER!! :)

I've been paper trading it for awhile now - with good results.

Dont be dissuade by the lengthy diatribes and rambling musings of a seasoned trader. The man knows what he's talking about.

5. Achilles, I thought by the title you were asking about Hersheys trading system. If you are asking about charting in general, esignal has Hotspot, Gain, Fxcm, GFT, and Saxo feeds. They are supposed to have individual bank feeds also but as of now they are not working, I know, I checked every one on the list.

6. achilles28

achilles28

Thanks, Tradeviper.

Yea, Im just talking about suitable charting apps.