Anyone trade the eminis solely using Price action from a 1 or 3 minute Chart ??

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by jimmygold, Jul 28, 2007.

1. 1 and 3 min too noisy for me, 5 and 15 min is all I need. If market is trendy, I try to stay in for a few points. If market is choppy, I grab a few ticks and trade more size/tighter stop

#11     May 20, 2008
  2. I use only one indicator with one combination of settings and I will never give it up. :D

#12     May 24, 2008
  3. shush

shush Guest

Even price lags, you are better off staring at a blank screen

#13     May 24, 2008
  4. Mercor

Mercor

If you look at enough bar charts you should a good idea where the RSI, moving averages are by heart.

You should have a good sense where the ADX and Macd are.

When you can see that then you are ready to trade by chart alone

#14     May 25, 2008
  5. I will agree that there's plenty of noise on the 1 min but trading it is 100% entirely possible. I use the 1 min time frame when trading the YM futures. Don't ONLY use the 1 min time frame, but here's an example of how it can be helpful. The setup u see on my 1 min frame is all that i use in terms of indicators.

This was an example of a trade I made on Friday in the attachment. A rather profitable one actually. And this was my analysis and trading decision based upon PA from the 1 min time frame. Attached u'll see the 1 min compared to the 5 min.

NOTE: I'm still a newb trading futures, so take my analysis and commentary w/ a grain of salt. What i see might not be what u see. And what u see might be right more than me :)

#15     May 25, 2008
  6. Groin

Groin

Care to be a little more specific?:confused:

#16     May 25, 2008
  7. 1 and 3 is way too noisy even for my ultra short term scalps which sometimes last only a few seconds. I use 2 and 5 along with watching activity on the DOM. No other indicators whatsoever, except for volume. Price action rules!

#17     May 25, 2008
  8. Hey Wies, I see it!
    Looks good man, keep it up.

#18     May 25, 2008
  9. <i>"1 and 3 is way too noisy even for my ultra short term scalps which sometimes last only a few seconds."</i>

Both of those charts are very clear in ES, depending on how we read them. If I had to pick just one chart for ES above all else and stake my trading career on that, 3min would be it.

5min chart is fine, they're close. Whatever makes more than it loses in the end for any of us :)

#19     May 25, 2008
  10. Any one use tick charts here?

Although I'm papertrading (ninjatrader) the NQ with only tick charts, they have been very effective for me, and I can spot price movements very precisely.

Anyone ?

#20     May 26, 2008