anyone trade single stock futures?

Discussion in 'Financial Futures' started by shovel52, Oct 22, 2003.

1. def

def Sponsor

I believe you can but I need to check on what happens at expiration. i.e. we force you to close out beforehand, or liquidate the following AM. Perhaps someone will comment before I get the chance to post later this weekend.

#21     Dec 12, 2003
  2. #22     Dec 12, 2003
  3. the part that it's no wonder they are shutting some SSFs down. With the spreads and awkward behavior these SSF show, it's no surprise people refuse to trade them. I think that if the exchanges want to keep the ssf operation going they should offer more competitive spreads. i have seen SSFs priced at $20 that have 40c spread for hours, no exaggeration here. These instruments are simply not attractive to trade. I wouldn't be surprised if the whole ssf operation would be shut down if they keep us these mad spreads.

#23     Dec 12, 2003
  4. lescor

lescor

Yes, but don't most brokers still require an actual unwinding of both positions that cancel each other out, but are still charged commission?

When ssf's were introduced, the plan was for them to be able to be held in either an equity or futures account. Are any brokers allowing them to be traded in an equities account, and allowing true physical settlement without two commissions?

Does anyone know of prop firms offering access to ssf's?

#24     Dec 13, 2003
  5. def

def Sponsor

Confirmed yes you can, and upon delivery we will automatically and immediately liquidate.

#25     Dec 15, 2003
  6. Hi,

talking about Single Stock Futures, is there somebody, who can tell about spreads and liquidity in USFs at Liffe. I think they can be traded via IB.

Regards, Ralf

#26     Dec 15, 2003
  7. #27     Dec 15, 2003
  8. Thank you very much for the information.

Banker

#28     Dec 15, 2003