anyone trade Patterns anymore?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by executioner, Jun 10, 2007.

1. applied to currencies, will? please elaborate. thanks/

#11     Jun 10, 2007

2. someone looked at the charts one too many times, i see.

:p :D :p

#12     Jun 10, 2007
  3. jtnet

jtnet

Thats my EDGE! stare at the chart long enough untill you can see animals, then SHORT the head.

#13     Jun 10, 2007
  4. I'd like a few giraffes this week, please.

#14     Jun 10, 2007
  5. 4re

4re

I have traded s/r and chart patterns for the past 14 years and I am still trading this way. The only patterns I look for is the bull and bear flag and continuation pennants. If traded properly and used with volume they trade very consistantly.

Never traded the camel pattern but it looks fun. I did trade a head and shoulder pattern when the man seemed to have scoliosis and was lopsided. Didn't workout for me though.

#15     Jun 10, 2007
  6. mokwit

mokwit

I trade price and volume action that indicates manipulation. It is basically reading price action. There are classic chart patterns that I look for in this context, but I am reading what is going on that causes that price/volume action or pattern.

I regard classic patterns in large cap fundamentally driven stocks, commodities and currencies as random unless there is a strong reason to suggest otherwise.

BTW, that "camel" is actually a "Dogs Ears with Feathers" - also known as an "Commanche Dogs Ears".

#16     Jun 10, 2007
  7. Just NYSE stocks. I'm sure my patterns apply to any instrument that has a LII and a TAS, and isn't overwhelmingly thick to the point of being crowded with noise, seeing how I trade a different batch of stocks with the same patterns pretty much every day.

#17     Jun 10, 2007
  8. I thought that camel pattern was called a dragon pattern by someone else but instead of going short you were supposed to go long.

#18     Jun 11, 2007