anyone trade Forex with MB Trading ?

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by bltoby, Jul 15, 2006.

1. darmasdt

darmasdt

I have live acct at both MBT and Oanda.
    Execution at MBT is much faster than at Oanda. I often get delayed fill at Oanda and high CPU usage. Dealing with MBT Nav is very fast.

Regarding cost of trade, its variable:

For cable at busy hours (London and pre-lunch US Session), at MBT you pay 1 pip spread + 1.88 pips commision = 2.88 pips total cost per r/t. At oanda the spread is 3.3 pips.

For eurusd, at MBT: 1 pip spread + 1.2 pip commision per r/t = 2.2 pips total cost per trade. But sometimes you may get zerro spread so you will only pay the comission = 1.2 pips. At oanda it is only a 1.5 pips.

For usdjpy, at MBT: 1pip spread + 1 pip comission = a total of 2 pips cost per r/t. At Oanda the cost is only goes for the 1.8 pips spread. But often you get 0 spread for usdjpy during tokyo session.

No difference between EFX and MBT. Same cost. But EFX is a division of MBT that handle their Forex account. EFX is owned by the same owner as MBT.

Ive been using MBT Nav for a month now, no dissapointment. Various order types available and I've found them to be very useful.
    The only problem I have is the balance of my acct is still in negative area. Anyone can help me with that ? LOL

Rgrds,
    Darma

#71     Oct 3, 2006
  2. I don't think MB Trading's execution is all that great. I often get partial fills and 2 to 4 second delays on market orders. The delays may be even longer but I don't know because I cancel them when they do that. It shows that the order is accepted but no takers?

I can only speculate if that is a software of liquidity problem. It is my only gripe with MB. They have excellent platform features and their people have been very efficient. I hope to see the fills get better.

#72     Oct 3, 2006
  3. sim03

sim03

Cable is 2.8 pips at Oanda for most of that time, and beyond - such as right now. Except for news releases, of course. How is MBT during the news these days, for the majors?

#73     Oct 3, 2006