anyone trade Forex with MB Trading ?

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by bltoby, Jul 15, 2006.

1. jagui

jagui

I just opened an account with MB after many weeks of comparison with other broker/mm.

In the coming days or weeks I'll post my comments too.

I'm running from IB cause their TWS is the buggiest platform I've ever tried, and often breaks API compatibility at new releases.

#41     Jul 23, 2006
  2. Shill

MB sux, period.

#42     Jul 23, 2006
  3. Not really much objectivity in that post, is there any reason as to why, or is it all just bias?

I was considering opening up a forex account.

#43     Jul 23, 2006
  4. Interesting... I have heard from chart vendors such as Tickquest/Neoticker that MB has an excellent data feed. This is something I am interested in. Using eSignal just for its data feed is expensive. I am a happy IB user and will be testing their data feed but I am seeking another option if the IB feed is unacceptable.

Reviewing the web site it seems that separate accounts are required to trade the stock index e-minis and forex. That is a hassle if you trade both the eminis and forex. bigmrfrank....is that true?

#44     Jul 23, 2006
  5. ddunbar

ddunbar Guest

Ok, on the next news release @ 8:30:00 - 8:30:05 EST post the time & sales or EUR/USD with bid/ask. First chance will be this coming Thursday, 7/27. I have a hard time believing the bid/ask spread doesn't widen on MB trading considering that even on the best platforms it does during these times. Even FX futures do.

But if it is as you say then MB truly has something special and would definitely be worth considering. Not that they aren't worth considering now.

#45     Jul 23, 2006
  6. xjun

xjun Guest

Starting from 11++ pm EDT, I am not able to connect MB trading Order Server. The Quote is fine but cannot trade for at least 20 mins!. Its daily rollover interest is ridiculously high on USD/JPY short trade -8.66%. And shorting GBP/USD need to pay interest 1.50% everyday??? Other brokers can receive interest instead. Everyone know that USD interest rate is higher than GBP. What a joke.

#46     Jul 24, 2006
  7. I captured this at 8:30.

#47     Jul 28, 2006
  8. I use the MB/ Neoticker combo. Works perfectly with MBs free data feed. True, at the moment you can not trade the minis and FX from the same account and Navigator screen because you'll have 2 different log ins and passwords. It's not really a hassle for me. I also have 6 LCDs. I just have 2 Nav screens up and running ... one for FX and one for YM & equitys ... both on 1 screen. I like it that way personally because I use to different layout for each ... 1 FX layout and 1 YM. If you use Neoticker it comes with Nav (free) built in so you can use NT as your front end and trade right off the charts. At first I was leary but I'm using it more and more. Works very well and you can basically code your own order types. I'm just about done with a complex OCO ordering scheme based on Fibs. At this point I can easily just use the NT front end and eliminate the Navs all together.

#48     Jul 28, 2006
  9. ddunbar

ddunbar Guest

Awesome as far as the 1 pip spread.

But... (Yep, you guessed it. It's stickler time!)...

Market didn't trade at that level until approx. 08:36:00 EST. Take a peak at any 1 min EUR/USD chart. Even the CME Futures were back to 1 pip spread by that time. IB's spread was 1 to 2 pips at that time.

So I'm not knocking it. Just like to see time & sales from 08:30:00 - 08:30:05. If it went 3 pips wide that's still better than most outlets even Oanda.

I don't know if MB publishes T&S, so I might be asking for something that you don't have access to. Thanks for following up though. Kudos for that.

#49     Jul 28, 2006
  10. I use Neoticker/eSignal and I'm looking an alternate data feed for a 2nd Neoticker license. I may end up replacing the eSignal data feed if this alternative proves itself.

I don't mind separate accounts for trading purposes. My question is how do you get a single stream of data for the eminis and forex if the trading accounts are separate? Will one trading account supply all of the data to one Neoticker instance/license? In other words, I want one data feed/Neoticker instance for all of my charts.

BTW, I also rely on Fibs for my work and was the one who requested all of the Fib tool enhancements to Tickquest. I had to use Qcharts until development was done. Tickquest has one of the best charting platforms in the business!

Thanks

#50     Jul 28, 2006