anyone trade Forex with MB Trading ?

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by bltoby, Jul 15, 2006.

1. CAT Gov't & Agency SG 4.297%

too bad they cant get from Scudder...checking account privledges as with Pension...or at least free ACH transfers...

#11     Jul 15, 2006
  2. mktman

mktman

ACH Transfers: NEW!
    Electronically transfer funds to and from your checking or savings account. ACH transfers typically take 24-48 hours to process and are available for no charge. There is a limit of $25,000 per day for all ACH transfers. To get started, log in and select the "Account Management" link from the left menu. In the new window that appears, select "ACH Relationships" from the "Transactions" menu. Enter your account number and click the "Request New" button.

all that at the website.

#12     Jul 15, 2006
  3. ok...

I am at step one...you sold me...MB may be my back up broker...but i have a series of things that must pass my litmus test.

now any other users avaialable that have used both?

The spreads beat Oanda and only at 50 cent per mini...is that 50 cents each side?

Michael B.

#13     Jul 15, 2006
  4. mktman

mktman

Im switching to them now.
    Hope it works for me if it doesnt then move on.

#14     Jul 15, 2006
  5. Oanda - Worst Trading Platform Ever

LOL using their poor exuse for a trading platform - and they stand behind that piece to no end. "It works for everyone, this is our platform, eat it!". Arrogance beyond comprehension. They claim to be serious so they should secretly develop a new trading platform outside and then fire their entire IT staff...

Would rather have my capital placed with a firm that provides software that is rock solid. How is having a platform that goes down frequently different from turning it off manually? End result risk is to the investor.

#15     Jul 15, 2006
  6. What is it that you would like to see? What is missing? Please excuse me as I have never tried the others.

Michael B.

#16     Jul 15, 2006
  7. mktman,

Would you consider writig a Broker review for ET..I will watch for it.

If you can please make it a review and try to cover the important stuff...do not make it like a post...make it a review... you can do it!

Michael B.

#17     Jul 15, 2006
  8. Oanda -

Internet connectivity can have glitches from time to time, however Oanda was the most sensitive to this by far and away, in their own strata comparing to other trading related software (both trading platforms and analytics). And that says a lot because I think the whole industry more or less sucks in terms of software reliability (Yes TradeStation that is you) when considering how much capital changes hands with this stuff. How are people playing 3D Doom 65 on-line with others and investors can not have trading software that works, period?

When FXTrade would drop and I have 4-5 other programs running just @#$%ing fine, thank you, that is not acceptable reliability to me. If multiple app's go down that is a different matter. Their software froze freqently and I could not afford to spend time rebooting my whole system just for their app. I do not know how people trade size with them.

It seemed that they claim and intend to have a favorable currency offering, but the end result to the investor is what matters. I require max reliablity and up time in 1996 and this is 2006. So when the market moves I can gun when the best and not manage software risk... I simply will not tolerate inability to execute. If I do, then I would rather sell oranges on the street corner than delude myself into thinking I have access to the markets.

#18     Jul 15, 2006
  9. I just cannot understand these posts complaining about connectivity.

I again must be fortunate. I have never experienced this. Wifey tells me because of my routines that I have in place, I probably do not realize this is why.

I have a routine of rebooting at the beginning of each trading shift and so does Wifey. Its just part of the changing of the guard and we do not even think about it anymore.

Michael B.

P.S. On weekends I run my virus scans, clean my registry and make ny updates that I need to...This is just what I do with all four of my computers. I also back up to the removeable drive. After you get accustomed to this it is nothing and you forget you do it. Twice a year I reload my operating systems. I keep all the times in my Trading Journal, which I recommend to each trader. Use it...refer to it....you will appreciate it.

#19     Jul 15, 2006
  10. I once snuck and read Electric's Journal. You would not know him. You think you know him cause maybe you read his blog or posts here. You would probably see other issues in the blog as it his his personal place...but his trading journal no one see's

You guys do not have a clue what he says or thinks about you.

Wifey

#20     Jul 15, 2006