anyone trade eminis (YM,ES,NQ) off of a :15,:30 minute chart---solely??

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by increasenow, Dec 4, 2007.

1. My 30 min ones are usually set to a week so i can see any swing highs or lows on them. On the YM ive got a 30 min chart for the last week on the right and then next to it ive got a 4 hour 1 min chart and i only take trades on the 4 hour chart that the 30 min tells me to enter. Kind of like using the 30 min for entries and the 1 min for exits. So i usually get about 1-2 good trades per day that i can feel good about riding for a while instead of worrying about scalping.

#11     Dec 4, 2007
  2. thanks...this is great stuff...I am finding that I like the bigger picture view of :15 :30 etc. for my style of daytrading the YM...

#12     Dec 4, 2007
  3. Nope

Nope

I trade the ES, but on days that are going to big be big ATR wise (major overnight news) I'll trade the ER2 and be greedy.

As a side note I have experimented with shorter time frames 1,2,3 minute and they seem to exploit a compulsive side of me that I try to choke off.

Trading the 5-15 minute ES is like laying on your board soaking up the sun and waiting for a large swell.

Trading the 3 minute for me is like trying to ride every wave that comes in and wasting all my energy.

:D

#13     Dec 4, 2007