Anyone tired of this market?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by midlifeguy, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Go read readlines of 1960, 1974, 1987, 1990, 1995, 1998, 2002. They sound exactly the same.

:D:D:D

#11     Jan 23, 2008
  2. I have to tell u as a futures trader this is waht I live for as far as trading goes. You grab 20 points as the ES sinks in the morning and then come back and grab 30 to the upside and then go have a nice prime rib with a few cognacs and a Coheba to finish it all off.
    I do worry about the economy but Bush, Paulson, Bernake, and all the rest of their banking buddies caused this shit which we well be paying for for long time.

So...more trading like today please and ..."yes I'll have one more cognac for the road thank you"!

#12     Jan 23, 2008
  3. Yeah, all you guys are timing the whipsaws perfectly. I forgot how awesomely psychic all of you are.

#13     Jan 26, 2008
  4. I agree - this could be THE BIGGEST opportunity of our lifetime. I feel blessed that we are living through this AND we are in the market.

#14     Jan 26, 2008
  5. No.

You think like the amateur that you are.

Most trading firms DO NOT make "directional bets"...
    But rather practice some form risk arbitrage...
    Such as market making or relative value hedging/scalping.

When market volatility increases... volume and profits are higher.

So for these professionals...
    The last 6 months has been a huge windfall...
    Easily the best market I've traded in my 15 years in the business.

I hope this "crisis" lasts forever.

#15     Jan 26, 2008
  6. Surdo

Surdo

Midlife please crawl back in your hole now, the past few weeks have been a trader's dream.

#16     Jan 26, 2008
  7. RL8093

RL8093

No need to be psychic - just trade the signals as they come in. This is a Trading Forum and this is really a trader's market. This is what we dream about!! Rather than whining, might I suggest some chart study 101?
    Agreed. Big Time. Although I feel bad for all of the folks who are losing their homes and the ones who will lose their jobs, harvesting money in either direction is a blast! In addition, the more I make, the more money goes to good charities...

R

#17     Jan 26, 2008
  8. You drink cognac before you hit the road?

What state do you live in?

#18     Jan 26, 2008