Anyone tired of this market?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by midlifeguy, Jan 23, 2008.

1. It is just so bleak. I am deeply worried the economy is completely shot. Seriously, what is going to make it come back? Job growth? Forget it. Housing? Forget it.
    Income growth? Doubful.

A full blown depression could happen. I think the Treasuries at bare bones yields are telling you just how bad things are. The number of layoffs in the higher paying jobs is staggering. Also, the numbers do not include all the 40-60 year olds you see hanging out at Starbucks with their laptops watching the stock market go to hell every day.

Bush has ruined us.

2. opm8

opm8

No, only you.

What is tiring, is doom-and-gloomers whining because the market corrected a tiny bit for the past couple of weeks. It can't go up all the time, you know.

opm8

3. I'm sorry, but ... this market is like manna from heaven.

The gummint just might be trying to ruin the American economy (it certainly seems that way), but they sure-as-shit won't be taking any of us traders with them.

This is the beauty of this career, you have the chance to be the CAPTAIN ... don't let the opportunity slip through.

4. Go read readlines of 1960, 1974, 1987, 1990, 1995, 1998, 2002. They sound exactly the same.

5. maxpi

maxpi

They were all Bush's fault too :)

6. Tired of this? As a trader?

You can't be serious.

This is a trader's dream.

Now, as an investor, I'd be shitting myself about now.

7. "Obviously the thing to do was to be bullish in a bull market and bearish in a bear market.
    Sounds silly, doesn't it?"

Edwind Lefèvre, Reminiscences of a Stock Operator; page 74.

8. "Well, its a bear market, you know...." - The Partridge

9. Bush and Bernanke got so tired of this market that they just pushed the Reverse button.

You mean half of all posters here, at ET? (not including me).

10. Only thing tiring about this market is that i cant pull away from the screen. Months worth of opportunity over the course of a day. Best vol since the late 90s. Stop complaining and enjoy it while it lasts.

#10     Jan 23, 2008