Anyone think if we sell off hard today 11-7-07

Discussion in 'Trading' started by myminitrading, Nov 7, 2007.

1. faure

faure

*Ahhh it seems so lucrative to join the bear camp. They seem so logical and prudent and definitely smarter than the bulls. On one side we have Pabst (who many respect) and the other we have Stock_Trd3r (who almost no-one respects). *

I'm heavily long but I wish I was bearish so I could give you guys some good reasons for my positions. It feels like the poo could hit the fan any day now - as a bull I'm very uncomfortable. But at the end of the day it's about making money, not about being logical or intellectually superior.

#11     Nov 7, 2007
  2. Well, as a short I'm also uncomfortable. Low rates and a cheap dollar haven't exactly been bear items for equities....

#12     Nov 7, 2007
  3. PPT is standing by, ready to buy!

#13     Nov 7, 2007
  4. IluvVol

IluvVol

LOL, you must have lost a shitload of money.....but after all I dont believe ANYTHING people say here.

a) You must have extremely deep pockets and were able to ride the market all the way up till the Dow hit 14k, while being short, which is the most stupid

b) you were flat and did not participate in the run up

c) you are just making up everything

d) as options trader you dont trade delta.

Guess c or d

;-)

#14     Nov 7, 2007
  5. I like this post a lot. Big props and my kudos to you.

#15     Nov 7, 2007
  6. b. I only trade indices when I want to sell them. 90% of my trading is Bonds.....

#16     Nov 7, 2007
  7. S2007S

S2007S

dont worry, they already have

AAPL

RIMM

GOOG

BIDU

ALL TRADING UP, YOU DONT NEED THE other few thousand stocks up, 4 is just enough to keep the ndx 100 in the green for the year.

#17     Nov 7, 2007
  8. faure

faure

Well my list of worries is longer than yours :D ; sky high oil, commodities not looking back ie. inflation, sub-prime and credit worries, poor ecoomic data, poor earnings. Talk about a wall of worry.

Thanks for the props Makloda.

#18     Nov 7, 2007
  9. Fund managers supporting 13500 dow, 1504 SP. Geesh push this turn down it stinks.

#19     Nov 7, 2007
  10. 13500 will be kept until all institutions had the chance to unload. Then we go under.

It's hard work for the bears, but it will be worth it.

#20     Nov 7, 2007