Anyone take/taking a job with Coastal Trade Securities?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by MIK3707, Mar 28, 2011.

1. MIK3707

MIK3707

so im thinking about taking a job with coastal trade as a remote prop trader when i graduate in may...anyone work/working for them or know anything about them?

2. MIK3707

MIK3707

ttt

3. Roark

Roark

Guess nobody knows or if they know, they don't care to post a reply. Is it an actual job or the typical prop deal where you put up a deposit and get paid a percentage of profits?

4. hehe, i guess Mark from coastal trade called you and offered you a job!

That is not a job, you need to put up your capital, i guess with coastal you need to have 10K.you can get the same job! which is prop trader at T3 with 5K, with TWS with $1500 With SMB with paying 10k for educational training first, with star alliance capital with 5K, with element trading with Xxx (i dont know how much element asking, but i dont go even near them charles has a very bad past)or with i rub trader courtesy of velez charlatan with giving him11k upfront training fee and then consider it gone!

So do not get very excited my friend,if you really want to become a prop trader you should expect not to make a penny for 3-6-12 months, you should expect to wipe out your account between 2-5 times and you should really really work hard.

Good luck

5. MIK3707

MIK3707

haha the guys name is David actually, but they require a 5k deposit and trading from a remote location. i know i wont make anything at first...but i figure trading from home i can survive the learning curve with no money.

6. Roark

Roark

Why don't you scrape together 10K and open an account with IB? Use IB's simulation account until you achieve consistent profitability and then use real money. If you get lonely, join Robert Weinstein's chat room. You don't need a prop firm if trading for a living is what you really want to do.

7. MIK3707

MIK3707

well its more for the training...im new to trading and i figured it would help to have access to a floor of experienced pro traders that can help out and offer advice

8. Roark

Roark

The training is free? Training usually doesn't work and is sold by prop firms as a way for the prop firm to make some extra money from new traders since most new traders don't last very long anyway. If the training is free, the risk/reward for you might be OK, but if there's a charge, run like hell.

9. MIK3707

MIK3707

thanks for the adivce...as far as i know training is included, but theres still a lot of questions i wanna ask this guy before signing on.

10. I'm going to sign with them in July.

Visit their floor, talk to David in person, ask him all the questions you feel you need to ask.

If anything, he is very patient (I was supposed to sign up with them last October).

I was told that there is no fee for training and thusly 5K seems very reasonable

#10     Apr 4, 2011