Anyone successfully traded the IBD 100 list

Discussion in 'Trading' started by aaronk321, Mar 24, 2007.

1. When does the list appear on IBD?

#21     Mar 27, 2007
  2. IBD and O'Neil stocks do better than most in a true, secular bull market.

In a sideways or lesser market, they are outright dangerous.

#22     Mar 27, 2007
  3. KenL

KenL

aaronk,
    The 200 list come out on Thursday. Pick it up once a month, cost less than a cup so SBUX coffee. I load them into a watchlist on http://www.prophet.net/
    and I look at a 6 month chart displayed 12 on a page, looking for certain patterns that may be setting up, saves time from having to look them at one by one.

Here's a few that I saw just now:
    GES is in a triangle formation right now.
    HOLX is just below the $60 breakout level
    MFW is in a little cup&handle ready to go.
    PCAR in a rising channel, looking for it to comes down and bounce off the 71 area.

#23     Mar 28, 2007
  4. If you play the momo high growth game buy the dips and dont buy all at once.

For example I bought more Goog at 450, MA at 90, and some GS at 200 following the selloff a few weeks ago. Now I'm ahead on all those and made more money than my 1/20 tick daytrader friends.
    Thats it bud. You have "traded" for all of 3 fucking years. You are the biggest cheerleader of a dying bull mkt. You have no clue what diversification or risk management means. You are the poster child of momo. MA is dead in the water at best. GOOG is 2 years ago story. GS is held hostage to a dead mkt. You chime on and on about a fucking monster rally coming? The mkt is flat to down since the end of fucking NOVEMBER. You are a clueless piker. You are also a putz. March 2000 is what you dream of, I retired that month.

#24     Mar 28, 2007