Anyone still at minyanville.com?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by AAAintheBeltway, Jun 15, 2005.

1. I quit this service a year or so ago, but I am getting pleas from them to reup. I was pretty disappointed with it, as Todd Harrison had been really good at RealMoney, but for some reason thought people paying for his insights at his own site would prefer to read a bunch of nonsense about hsi thoughts on life, etc, than on actual trades he had working. I'm sure Todd is a great guy, although maybe he doesn't need to actually come out and proclaim it so often, but his writing stinks and badly needed some serious editing. Some of the other writers were ok but nothing really tradeable to me.

So anyone still a sub there and what do you think?

2. I quit probably 18 months or so ago and I have been getting swarmed with a variety of emails from him lately as well. Now, they have another conference that they fancy as a Sundance for Finance, more of his slick talk, the same stuff that pretty much turned me off on the site to begin with.

I do agree with Lescor about the few guys like Brian Reynolds and Stucco who were giving no nonsense kind of analysis. They were just getting started there when I quit. But honestly, that kind of slick Hollywood type schtick that Todd Harisson does every day gets nauseating.

3. lescor

lescor

Yeah, I hardly ever read Harrison anymore. The education I've gotten from Brian Reynolds has paid for 100 lifetime subscriptions. John Succo is excellent too. I check in each morning for Reynold's article and that's about it.

4. jem

jem

Wow that is pretty high praise from a guy whose posts do not usually contain hyperbole.

is this an ET first. A postive comment about a vendor from a profitable trader without an agenda.

5. Just out of curiosity, do any of you guys ever read any of Jim Bianco's research? If so, how would you rate it?

(Ive only seen samples of it, but I found it to be high quality).