Anyone solely trade the SPY's or QQQQ?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Steve Tvardek, Aug 19, 2005.

1. Well, I guess i mean looking to size in maybe a few times a day when the possibility of a meaningful move could happen. I'm not looking to make 30 cents on every move or anything like that. I am realistic. But i feel there are several 10-15+ cent moves a day that are catchable. I know that scalping the SPY's all day wouldnt be that possible, like you mentioned, bc of the low volitility and I would rack up share costs. But maybe a few times a day would be more feasible.

Anyone else have an experience daytrading these?

#11     Aug 21, 2005
  2. 20000 to 40000 shares on 4-10 cents......

safely liquid....

#12     Aug 21, 2005
  3. Ebo

Ebo

You can easily move 50K SPY on the Bid/offer and 100k plus QQQQ on the inside. Of course you will have slippage in a fast market.

I still never understand why one trades these ETF's over NQ/ES!

#13     Aug 21, 2005
  4. Libertad,
    This is what I mean, decent size positions for small gains (5-15 cents). Do you find you are able to do alright trading like this?

#14     Aug 21, 2005
  5. Ebo,
    What do you mean by this statement? Could you please explain?

#15     Aug 21, 2005
  6. Libertad,
    This is what I mean, decent size positions for small gains (5-15 cents). Do you find you are able to do alright trading like this?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote from libertad:

20000 to 40000 shares on 4-10 cents......

safely liquid....
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    .........................................................................................

These moves are more routine...than many other stocks...

....I like the QQQQ as one of the daily routines...

To me ...I trade the same methods for most everything...and have done so for a long time...

10:1 leverage is very comfortable........

#16     Aug 21, 2005
  7. However....I do not solely trade the QQQQs...

#17     Aug 21, 2005
  8. Ebo

Ebo

I have traded both.
    I just prefer the tax treatment and "Margin" on Futures.
    Both are quite liquid.

This comparision has been covered to death on at least 10 other threads. I hope I did not rain on your parade.

Good trading!

#18     Aug 21, 2005
  9. I think that what is important here...is that the QQQQs are a relatively low risk...and reliable vehicle...and the 10 to 1 enables you to benefit more...and perhaps with less risk than many other stocks because of its liquidity...

What's more reliable...4 cents in the QQQQs...or 25 to 50 cents in some other equity...etc...

#19     Aug 21, 2005
  10. I agree, many small gains with 20k positions can add up to a nice living. High probability setups combined with superior liquidity can be a beautiful thing :D

#20     Aug 21, 2005