Anyone smell a rate cut?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by cgtrader, Jan 15, 2008.

1. S2007S

S2007S

This market needs a 7-10% drop in one week to get all this volatility out of the way.

Yesterday it felt like 13,000 today 12k

My guess is on new market lows under 12k over the next 6 months.

Aside from that if you get in on this market at the right time you could see as much as 100-200% gains in certain sectors over the next 2-3 years. Im leaning on putting some money into UYG or XLF over the next 6-12 months, when the bottom is in there is going to be an incredible rally in these financials.

#11     Jan 15, 2008
  2. The market changed its tune in july '07, anyone who has traded through these cycles before saw it. Everyone here calling for rate cuts and/or the market is rigged does not know how to trade. Anyone remember '01 when the fed really put its foot on the gas? The market didn't bottom for over a year. This time may be much worse. There are still cycles, the fed tried to put an end to this once before, it didn't work then either.

#12     Jan 15, 2008
  3. When rates go down so does the equity market, when rates go up so does the equity market.

I remember, I also remember all the media spin intermeeting rate cuts, osama bin lauden has been caught blah blah blah.

Just like this stupid thread. who ever started it might be loosing money.

#13     Jan 15, 2008