Anyone short AXR?..looks like a great short

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by traderich, Jan 17, 2007.

1. dac8555

dac8555

HAHA! i am short GOOG right now from $506 when it closed near its low yesterday. it boke below minor resistance and couldnt break the 52 week high with conviction. i think it will be sideways between 450 and 510 for a while....so yes...i am short goog.

just keep in mind that on AXR you closed around 135..and you have support at 132. ules you were short from around 145...than you have a lousy RR.

not saying you are wrong....but i simply dont see any solid evidence to short it.

#11     Jan 17, 2007
  2. One day moves usually do not mean much. Let's see what the stock does in coming days and weeks.

I'd consider going short if the stock rallied but failed to penetrate the previous high and instead fell back on higher than normal volume (i.e. a "failed rally").

I cannot think of a easier way to lose money in stocks than to short stocks with high relative strength and a small float.

No position in AXR (I traded the stock earlier this week, though).

#12     Jan 17, 2007
  3. had been thinking when they had shorted 80% of the float to date!

I guess they ALL were wrong as can be and are getting their heads handed to them now eh?

I think the stock could just be rising as the shorts scramble to cover.

I wonder who was selling off the last couple days?

#13     Jan 17, 2007
  4. dac8555

dac8555

i think there is something more fundamental here rich.

1. Where is the trend?

dont get ahead of yourself and try to find justification for your position.

try to step back and simply ask..."what is it doing"? versus "i think it is overbought...let me try to find justification to back myself up and feel better"

#14     Jan 17, 2007
  5. ess1096

ess1096

Mr Fibonacci says it either bounces back at $133.22 or $123.53.

#15     Jan 17, 2007
  6. A few insiders and some nervous longs.

http://knobias.com/institution/customers/companies/reports/pdf/1893862527/1893862527-UNIFIED.pdf

This was a nice play but too obvious now. Still it might bar down x6 or 8 then ramp.

I closed my long positions today.

#16     Jan 17, 2007
  7. Whatever you're smoking please send me some.

Not that I would short or buy this heavily manipulated stock where the insiders just squeeze the sh*t out the shorts (and pay low grade "research" companies to put out reports on it for exposure).

Some of you guys just love taking bad risks, must be the rush. At least wait for the obvious break to short it, look at TASR and TZOO for good predecents. Although AXR is kinda thin, lot of slippage.

#17     Jan 17, 2007
  8. I think it is funny that you would ask people what they think about shorting this stock, and then argue with them when they are not in agreement with you. Why ask anyone? I would never short this stock in its current trend but that's just me. Do what you want. You will be rewarded if you're right and hammered if you're wrong. Why do a selling job on the people who disagree with you?

#18     Jan 17, 2007
  9. comp652

comp652

This probably sounds silly to most. But how could I possibly tell if a stock has a "massive short interest" or long interest?
    I must not have the right software to be able to tell.
    Please tell me what I need for this.

Thanks

Comp

#19     Jan 17, 2007

10. http://finance.yahoo.com/q/ks?s=AXR

Look under Share Statistics.

#20     Jan 17, 2007