anyone set up a FX fund?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by chipmunk, Nov 20, 2008.

1. Max investment only 50k.. he does not accept millions, and only accepts fund money from his trading group members..

#11     Nov 23, 2008

2. That is a large piece of ground you are trying to cover there. Doyou have any quantitative or anecdotal evidence to back this up? There are many ways to have an edge in directional trading, especially in the fx market. We can still break this down into so many sub-categories in terms of different types of analyses.

I still don't get your point on the 400:1 leverage as well.

#12     Nov 23, 2008

3. I knew there had to be a catch, darn!

#13     Nov 23, 2008
  4. Why would anyone start up a fund without an edge? Also an edge is not the holy grail, you have to look at volatility relative to your comparative rivals, you have to look at how big your edge relative to your rivals, you have to look at your transaction costs relative to the end result to do scenario planning. You can have an edge and still toss out a strategy, having an edge is just one component. If you are gambling then all you need to worry about is your edge and risk of ruin and you up and running, when investing it is a different ball game.

#14     Nov 23, 2008
  5. Yes.

The very existence of bucket shops proves that no one ever beats the house by directional trading without an edge such as knowing how to beat the house --no thats not redundant!

analysis works for the 50% of the time it works, might as well guess..

:D

#15     Nov 23, 2008
  6. i love the idea

#16     Nov 23, 2008

7. You logic is incorrect. I think you know this yourself, since your mistake is very elementry.

#17     Nov 23, 2008

8. nope, 400 traders through the door with magic formulas and claimed edge--- 1, thats right 1 had anything worthwhile that actually made money in the long run--and it had to do with exploiting a loophole within the brokers system.

Take a look at Collective 2 forex systems over the longer term, if ya dont believe me...

#18     Nov 23, 2008
  9. Take a look at IASG or autumn gold and look at the fx traders and see ho many ou find profitable. You need to look at where you are drawing your candidates from, most traders who really have an edge will not be found on collective 2 or automated trading competitions, most of these people just throw stuff against the wall to see what sticks. Grabage in garbage out. Maybe get some traders from wilmott or nuclear phynance, i am pretty sure you will get guys with some edges there, but to make a general statement that all fx traders are loosers or directional trading has no alpha makes no sense. Especially if collective 2 is your source of info.

#19     Nov 23, 2008

10. I'll be happy to look at anyone who has a real edge in this market.

your right, just because my extensive search found very very very little, doesnt mean they dont exist.

#20     Nov 23, 2008