Anyone selling premium only

Discussion in 'Options' started by optionbull, Feb 9, 2013.

1. The "hammer and nail" metaphor springs to mind. This put selling dogma is getting tiresome. Fine, sell every put you can and make meelions, but please don't infest every option thread with the same boilerplate. You like 'em, we know.

I suppose it's no worse than the credit spreaders. I was actually a proponent (too cap-inefficient to blow-up) before you invaded every thread with the same, "I sell puts".

#151     Feb 12, 2013
  2. The skew exists whether you trade or ignore that fact. You were given context and anyone with index option quotes can affirm or refute my comments. Ignoring it doesn't make you right.

I am done in this thread. The guy I mentioned who makes $15MM a year is probably responsible for 5% of OI in listed option markets. He couldn't derive a synthetic call to save his life.

So there is hope for all.

#152     Feb 12, 2013
  3. <<< I suppose it's no worse than the credit spreaders. I was actually a proponent (too cap-inefficient to blow-up) before you invaded every thread with the same, "I sell puts". >>>

This thread was about selling premium.
    I actually avoided the thread for the first 22 pages.
    But I am now done, so you can relax.

#153     Feb 12, 2013
  4. No worries.

#154     Feb 12, 2013
  5. dfantome

dfantome

Dont listen to him PM. I personally love it when I see a post of yours, because to me its like reading a book and I always gain some type of insight or knowledge from it.

Theres lots of people out here just like me im sure that may not post much, but you've influenced their trading styles and made them money. So thanks for all of us out there, don't listen to this bum. Keep posting.

#155     Feb 12, 2013
  6. Atticus is no bum.
    He is an educator to many in the various option forums.... with a sometimes unique twist of "opinion and language" of the option world, not all are familiar with.

To be honest with you, it is "you" I have a hard time taking seriously, with your goal of turning $700 into $100,000 by year end.
    I think you are only here for entertainment, to see how gullible the readers and posters of your thread are.

At first I thought you ment to write $1,000.... which would be more than a 40% return for the year. A reasonable goal.
    When you confirmed you actually ment to write $100,000..... I then realized you were only here for entertainment purposes.

#156     Feb 13, 2013
  7. dfantome

dfantome

I have respect for atticus as a trader, especially after going through his journal but i still think he is an ass. especially to you in this thread.

Lol, I already know what you think of me! sad too, because i spent weeks reading through your posts. dont dislike me because im an ambitious guy, one of the reasons i like you is because your style differed from mine 100% when i started out, now not so much. different perspectives PM! anyways this thread isnt about me if youd like to chat sometime im open.

I was just posting to let you know some people appreciate your posts & to not listen to atticus. itll be a sad day when ET loses PM. a guru gone.

#157     Feb 13, 2013
  8. putmaster needs to stop stagnating around "percentage otm" determines how likely the options will expire worthless kind of thing.. its like he is discrediting how much there is more to learn about options trading.. move on from the "credit spread argument" and look a little deeper..

#158     Feb 13, 2013
  9. I can read all I like, or watch TV, about how great the carnival in Brazil is, but it will never be the same as going there.

He's doing something that works beautifully, until it does not work.

Niederhoffer had 2 bites at the cherry, he deserves at least one, don't you think?

#159     Feb 13, 2013
  10. yes, there are people that blow up doing credit spreads, but they are way over leveraged and they are not controlling loss with the width of the spread.

Please post some information that is helpful, your pointing to half a story that old news ? neiderhofer orhowever it is spelled , old news, been going on for long while

#160     Feb 13, 2013