Anyone selling premium only

Discussion in 'Options' started by optionbull, Feb 9, 2013.

1. the idea would be to find a macro event coming up.. like debt ceiling.. or something idk.. that you could buy premium in that month.. say march... and sell feb premium.. its like when you can potientially see demand for protecting increasing you buy it and sell the where there isn't demand.. relative value....

#111     Feb 10, 2013
  2. Where can find convexity or lack of vol., curve?

Not just price chain?

Thnx

#112     Feb 10, 2013
  3. what!????

#113     Feb 10, 2013
  4. How can one line up vol numbers going out the curve to see the shape of say ATM puts in spy...

Which broker. Don't want to use spreadsheet..

#114     Feb 10, 2013
  5. #115     Feb 10, 2013
  6. put down the ET or the bong .. one or the other.. ahah

#116     Feb 10, 2013
  7. ah, I'm just getting back to work

I'll be totally depressed by Friday

did you like the music?

I thought maybe you had too many butterflys in your attic

or too many iron condors in your basement

I like you cd, but at some point you are going to have to take on some risk

there's no getting around it

#117     Feb 10, 2013
  8. i fumbled so many trades last week.. thought i was putting on a feb 15 fly.. turns out it was a feb 08.. nightmare.. my jounal is embarrssing

#118     Feb 10, 2013
  9. and yet you're still alive!

#119     Feb 10, 2013
  10. metameta

metameta

I still curious anyone just taking a break for a few months? If you were long equities last few months have been awesome. Short puts did nice for me but underperformed the former. Long vol died lately. I know everything can change in a minute but it's been so good when everyone on cnbc looks at each other and says what me worry, I worry.

Isn't a short timeout until they move the goalpost again on sequestration warranted? They did it on the debt ceiling. Does one fall behind simply if you keep what your just earned?

#120     Feb 10, 2013