Anyone selling here?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by trade-ya1, Dec 18, 2003.

1. pspr

pspr

My dog is sleeping right now. She did her market analysis early. :D

#11     Dec 18, 2003
  2. sprstpd

sprstpd

Who is "everybody"?

#12     Dec 18, 2003
  3. It just depends on your time frame. For daytrading you can short it multiple times like 10:25 today would be one of these times, longer term I would not short it yet.
    Walter

#13     Dec 18, 2003
  4. Is Your Friend.

Why do so many people have such a hard time with this???

:eek:

#14     Dec 18, 2003
  5. Very simple....everyone wants to be a hero by picking tops and bottoms. A sure fire way to get smoked...

#15     Dec 18, 2003
  6. I made a mistake and I paid for it. I was stupid and undisciplined and the market punished me for it. Hopefully, I won't make the same mistake again as the market never lets you get away with anything! Glad that I posted this, this way I can always refer to my mistake and lack of discipline in following the trend.

#16     Dec 18, 2003
  7. why would people sell much here. most are up nice for the year. if they wait till jan 1 they wont have to pay tax on the money for 18 months. big incentive to hold out 8 more days before selling.

#17     Dec 18, 2003
  8. Very good point.

#18     Dec 18, 2003
  9. Trajan

Trajan

I was thinking the same thing. In addition, there are probably people who don't want to sell for other tax reasons, namely income vs capital gains tax rates. You would need to anticipate a decent correction to take the former(assuming a higher tax bracket). I don't see this market going below say 9,500, or even 9,700, in such a move. Probably not worth the risk reward to trade in and out for a longer view investor.

#19     Dec 18, 2003
  10. The 30-Year Treasury Bond is making new highs on the session, regardless of the dollar's late session weakness. . . Now we have BOTH the bond and stockmarkets moving to the upside in lock-step.

This is Bullish.
    Pure and simple!

:)

#20     Dec 18, 2003