Anyone selling here?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by trade-ya1, Dec 18, 2003.

1. Just taking the current temperature of the traders. Is anyone really getting short up here? I am for what it's worth. No particular reason, just feels heavy to me and S&P near the upper end of it's trend channel. Although, I've been known to turn tail and change my mind at a moments notice. Just wanted to see if the market was bullish, bearish or mixed? Any comments are welcome. Thanks. Neal.

2. Without being a smarta** tradeya1 this is a traders forum. Could you please explain your timeframe that you want a forecast or trade bias for?

Tomorrow will likely see higher highs.

Michael B.

3. No specific time frame, if the trade works, I may be in for a few days or weeks if things really develop in my direction. If it doesn't, I may be out of it before night's end. I think you answered my question, you think the market's going to make higher highs tomorrow, I count that as one in the bullish camp.

4. Incidentally, my sales were at 1076.80, 1076.70, 1076.60 and 1076.50 in the big S&P. I won't let it go more than 4-5 points against me. If it's trading above 1081, you can assume that I am out or getting out. Best.

5. Is it actually considered investing when you play from the short side? Interesting question. I'm a hybrid, if the trade works, I become an investor in it, if not, I'm a trader (out in a blink).

6. Excuse me sir...I regretted my post and deleted it.

Michael B.

7. no reason to guess. WHy short when everything is still pointing up. I have said this before, don't short just because of 10,000! People back in the late 90's who bought just because of 10,000 got burned

8. TG

TG

Just sold enough YM to cover stock sales which have to wait till after 12/31. Shorted this AM at 10150. Don't want to be liquidating into a declining market if it happens.

9. pspr

pspr

Everybody and their dog sees a correction coming here. What does that tell ya?

10. Take the dog out.......

Michael b.

#10     Dec 18, 2003