Anyone seen Tradevec?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by nidarian, Mar 9, 2009.

1. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

i think they got the big head cause i have been using it, i would describe it as world dominating software myself "however". i hope they kick everyone's lazy a$$. i'm sick of the same old software crap like ts.

mb

#11     Mar 11, 2009
  2. nidarian

nidarian

I am using the execution api, which connects to Tradestation and Mathlab by itself somehow (no idea how) and I am executing on TT. I am attaching algos to my orders on Tradevec side for sync. Pretty crazy stuff and it works. Ask them to give it a try...

#12     Mar 11, 2009
  3. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

Attaching algos to your orders? X splain pls

#13     Mar 12, 2009
  4. monti1a

monti1a

Is that Paul from Vcapfutures?

Are you the same Paul that used to moderate in Woodies CCI room a few years ago?

#14     Mar 12, 2009
  5. nidarian

nidarian

I am trading size on YM and dont like to just push 200 lots out so i use an algo to breakup the order into random size lots less than 10 each and scale in, then use the actual fills to send the exits. The latest API supports all this.

Mark how are you using it? If you don't mind me asking? Maybe you can ask them to put up forum, it takes 30min these days to set it up. Their docs are shit :mad: and it would help if users could interact.

#15     Mar 12, 2009
  6. vCapPaul

vCapPaul

Yes. :)

#16     Mar 12, 2009
  7. nidarian

nidarian

WHY does vCAP sounds like some kind of strange contraception to me? :D

#17     Mar 12, 2009
  8. vCapPaul

vCapPaul

Haha, that's an idea. Promotional diaphragms with our logo on it.

#18     Mar 12, 2009
  9. tango29

tango29

200 lots in the YM!? Intraday? How many trades a day typically? Maybe I need to look at YM again. I quit trading it at all year or two ago, as the slippage was awful for my strategies and the volume was pretty low.

#19     Mar 12, 2009
  10. nidarian

nidarian

When the order is broken up onto smaller size automatically its much less slippage.

#20     Mar 13, 2009