Anyone see the (Traders under 30" on CNBC

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Kastro_316, Aug 8, 2005.

1. ftrader Im very successful manager myself. When its close relatives like brothers,sisters, mom, dad, my grandparents,and uncles and they would ask for money I would never hesitate. I have never in life said no to family. Especially if it were my brothers,sisters, parents, and grand parents. Even my uncles. It might be diffrent cultures,Im asian, but I was born in canada, and family might not mean much to other cultures. but family in chinese culture means everything, even more then money.

#51     Aug 9, 2005
  2. lol well chinese woman are funny creatures ;D, lol I never said we wouldnt bitch about, I said I never hesitate, but your going to get some chinese swears in it, but in the end family is family right

#52     Aug 9, 2005
  3. Maybe if you would quit tokin' on the "hydroblunts" you too could become a successful trader instead of a jealous, whiny beeyotch!! :D :D

#53     Aug 9, 2005
  4. I have LENT (was supposed to be paid back) well over $250,000 in the last 9 years or so. They are grateful and kisssing *** the day they get the money and then they forget who the hell I am.

I have 8 brothers and sisters also.

I told them all the bank was closed for good.:D

#54     Aug 9, 2005
  5. Unfortunate situation. I can only imagine the first relative to get a "loan" probably encouraged your other siblings to get their share. Its pretty much impossible to loan people money, it almost always turns into a gift cause if you try to collect you pretty much end the relationship on the spot.

#55     Aug 9, 2005
  6. well in your case it depends on what kind of people they are, and how close they are to you, I live in a very close family, and for me personally for me i was never a show me wealth type of person. I like living in my neighborhood, which is a middle class, university type neighborhood. I was never into driving fancy cars, in fact whenever I get the chance I like to take the bus, *its victoria bc, if you know the city, you know what I mean*, or bike or walk. I could never imagine living in any other place in the world. Victoria is a great place, it might not have that metropolitan feel of new york or even a vancouver, but if you want a great lifestyle for yourself or to raise a family, its victoria.

#56     Aug 9, 2005
  7. Well I didn't have the hook ups to get an internship at Corithian at 17 years old at a time when MBAs will cut each others throats to get the same internship.

Regardless, I think half of their "top 30" are complete crap as I posted the link from a thread showing just that. It's on CNBC after all, don't you know not to believe most of what you see on TV?
    Nor do I care to be an execution order monkey dealing with corporate politics, I like leaving by 2pm after making over a G.

#57     Aug 9, 2005
  8. It has nothing to do with "what type of people they are."

I know for a FACT that YOU have NEVER lent a sizeable amount of money to anyone.

Try it sometime and see how people change.

I'm in a close family also, this means nothing. People change when they owe big money.

Show me type of money has nothing to do with it. Your family KNOWS for a FACT if you make good money. Impossible to keep it a secret.

I hope one day you get rich and find out what people are really like.:p

#58     Aug 9, 2005
  9. lol ftrader, I guess we are diffrent people then, some people care about family and have family members who care about them, and not for their families. :D...you have a nice greedy family there

#59     Aug 9, 2005
  10. lol and please no which is better Canada or usa debate. I was in a thread and it got very ugly. Everybody was throwing out, everybody dirty deeds and war crimes.

#60     Aug 9, 2005