Anyone see the (Traders under 30" on CNBC

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Kastro_316, Aug 8, 2005.

1. I know two of them and they're both great traders but I wouldn't classify either of them as top 30 under 30, in terms of P/L.

#31     Aug 8, 2005
  2. I saw the interview and thought it was pretty cool.

I wish they would go into greater details about how they trade, I mean they don't have to give away the boat but a general outline would have been nice as well as some stats.

I also agree with a previous poster about the fact that these are all corporate kids and does not reflect independents working out their homes.

Good show though and congrats to all those that made the list and to all those under 30 giving it a go!

#32     Aug 8, 2005
  3. I think you are that monkey that could potentially type out Romeo & Juliet word for word.

#33     Aug 8, 2005
  4. Bill gates does not have a high school diploma?

#34     Aug 8, 2005
  5. newbunch

newbunch

Maybe his problem is his English and not his psychology. Or maybe you are over-analyzing things. Us "lay" people understood what Kastro meant.

#35     Aug 8, 2005
  6. spread

spread

I know one from the list, and although he's certainly not top 30 P/L, he's a smart son of a bitch who'll be as consistently profitable as anyone.

#36     Aug 8, 2005
  7. Traders under 30"? Little people?

#37     Aug 8, 2005
  8. i used to live in kelowna. thats real cool that someone from there isthat good. i guess anywhere there is access now.

#38     Aug 8, 2005
  9. I knew one of the traders on the list but from what I know the numbers and story were greatly exaggerated. Knowing that makes me a little suspect of many that are on the list.

Also there were a few traders at the futures firm that I was at and many others in the chicago area that should have been included.

#39     Aug 8, 2005
  10. From my experience as a practicing shrink over the last 13 years, I can assure you that you are drastically over-estimating the importance of the cognitive realm (ie thought).

If positive thinking were so key, many more would be profitable. If anything too much confidence in this business can be fatal.

#40     Aug 8, 2005