anyone see mrmarket$$ lately... SAFM

Discussion in 'Politics' started by iceman1, Feb 27, 2004.

1. just wanted to ask him if he's still holding SAFM?! I believe that was his latest pick on ET...

Here is a sample from his website (and he posted the same hyperbole here on ET):

"Now, at age 44, when I’m in the gym in the morning slamming 385 lbs like it is my girlfriend, my body still craves protein. You can only eat so much Nitro Tech until you start to leave cinder blocks in your commode. Sorry, but Dr. Atkins was an endomorph and red meat doesn’t cut it. If you want to blow out an aorta, that’s your business. Well they blew up the chicken man in Philly last night, and they blew up his house too.

Today I bought SAFM (Sanderson Farms) at 57.34. I will sell it in 4 to 6 weeks at 66.25. Here’s why I like SAFM: SAFM stock is up over 212% in the last 52 weeks yet its P/E is less than 14. It has been bounding to new highs like a steady staircase, with an r^2 correlation of 0.91.

With the monies I make from my SAFM investment, I’ll be able to go to Roy Rogers and open my wallet and eat as much chicken as I want, without having to wash my clothes afterwards.

Notice how these guys never show up when they suffer large losses... figures! Guess he is huge... a huge CHICKEN.
    :p :p :p

But the guy is entertaining.

Come out and play mrmarket$$... we're all waiting for your next winner! :eek:

ICe

(p.s. don't know if this is chitchat or not mrmoderator)

lawrence-lugar likes this.
  2. sprstpd

sprstpd

SAFM 3-2 split today?

3. OOOoooops kiss 35% GOODBYE :D

Here is the real catch.
    With no stops... Mr Meat and cheese will get all his revenue
    streams "caught" at momentum tops like this, leaving him
    with NO capital to trade with again...possibly for years and year.

What effect does this have on his total portfolio return?
    Do the math :D

Like ive said before.... with all the details missing, his self
    proclaimed winning streaks mean NADA.

There is no way to determine if he actually has a good
    return on his portfolio.

Dont worry.... more "bag holder" trades like this will bite him
    in the future until he has ZERO capital to trade with.

Oh thats right... he cheats buy ADDING more capital and then
    continues to claim more winning trades while the majority of his
    capital is tied up in bad trades with no stops, rotting away indefinitely. LOL :D

peace

axeman

4. DougS

DougS

Reuters
    Sanderson Farms sets 3-for-2 stock split
    Thursday January 29, 3:08 pm ET

NEW YORK, Jan 29 (Reuters) - Sanderson Farms Inc. (NasdaqNM:SAFM - News), a processor of fresh and frozen chicken, on Thursday declared a three-for-two stock split.
    The Laurel, Mississippi company will distribute the shares in the form of a 50 percent stock dividend on Feb. 26 to shareholders of record on Feb. 10.

5. You guys seem to forget that MrMarket is an investor, not a trader. Do you think Warren Buffett panics if one of his investments goes down a couple of days?

MrMarket has put together a superior record through good times and bad. While I do not advocate hanging on to losers, plenty of professional investors use price weakness to add to stocks they consider fundamentally sound. Before we take away the Big Guy's self-applied crown as World's Greatest Stock Picker, let's see how this plays out.

6. Could you outline the scope and bounds of his approach?

7. Superior record? :confused:
    The guy tucks his tail and runs when you press him for details
    on actual returns.

I cant even determine if he is beating buy and hold.
    (Which most fund managers cant even do).

peace

axeman

8. SAFM is only down about 7% since I bought it. I am not concerned about this at all. Many of my winners dip before I end up selling them for a profit. These companies don't dwindle to zero because they have growing revenues and earnings. With my Wharton MBA in hand, I'm able to analyze a company's business model and commesurate performance so that I know what will happen to its market value.

9. Since we're following all of my recent picks, maybe you'd be interested in this one too:

Posted: 12 Feb 2004 02:45 pm Post subject: SSNC ==> The President's Day Winner

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you ever wonder what those big institutional hedge fund and money managers do all day? They sit up there on their fat asses and try to make a market call and then they get all nervous when the market moves against them and then they sell. They’d be really happy if no one knew about their idiotic mistake and their more idiotic cowardly exit. The bad news for them is that there is very good software out there that tracks all this stuff. SS&C Technologies is an IT company that helps money makers make money. If they were smart they would just tell their clients to trust MM and follow his teachings. 35% year over year returns for a decade make MM the Warren Buffet of the 21st Century.

Today I bought SSNC at 44.40. I will sell it in 4 to 6 weeks at 51.22. Here’s why I like SSNC:

SSNC stock is up 352% in the last 12 months. That’s almost 1% per day. Yeeee hAAAA….that’s some bad ass momentum. All I humbly ask for is another 15%. True.. its PE multiple is up there at 49, but at this kind of momentum it’s hard for the earnings to keep up since they only get reported every 3 months. This is not vaporware….SSNC is a legitimate business with established sales and earnings. Either way, they don’t report until April, and I’m sure I’ll be long gone on this baby by then.

The best thing about SSNC is that they are located in Windsor, Connecticut. I destroyed millions of brains cells near there back in the early 80’s. Such forgettable watering holes such as the Bridges Inn, Katies Café, the Pumpernickel Pub and the I-190 were often frequented by a young $$$MR. MARKET$$$, in his futile attempt to convince fair lasses that, one day, he would be the best stock picker on the planet. Alas, all they saw was some lunkhead with 19” biceps sucking on Heineken bottles like he was trying out for the Varsity La Leche League team. Poor $$$MR. MARKET$$$ would go home licking his wounds. If they only knew….

http://www.mrmarketishuge.com

I am HUGE! Bring me your finest meats and cheeses.

- $$$MR. MARKET$$$

Last edited by mrmarket on 17 Feb 2004 09:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

The Kid

Posted: 13 Feb 2004 04:46 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's a great pick.

As I have written in here before, I picked it up at $$29.39 back on November 25th, 2003, based on my reserach into the many picks in your dump at the time. Quite profitable. Thanks a lot.

I hope everyone picking it up now does as well as I have done. Good company.

jiesen

Posted: 27 Feb 2004 06:36 pm Post subject: you are HUGE!!!!

Just sold my SNCC for a 15% gain today. Not so big a gain as Kid's but, hey, I'm out in just 2 weeks! That's awesome...

I'm hoping for a 2fer today, since my CFC is 13% and rising.

Thanks, $$MM for this AWESOMELY HUGE pick!!!

and GO CFC!

mrmarket
    Site Admin

Posted: 27 Feb 2004 06:55 pm Post subject: Re: you are HUGE!!!!

jiesen wrote:
    Just sold my SNCC for a 15% gain today. Not so big a gain as Kid's but, hey, I'm out in just 2 weeks! That's awesome...

I'm hoping for a 2fer today, since my CFC is 13% and rising.

Thanks, $$MM for this AWESOMELY HUGE pick!!!

and GO CFC!

did SSNC hit my target?? am I sleeeeeping again?

I am HUGE! Bring me your finest meats and cheeses.

- $$$MR. MARKET$$$

jiesen

Posted: 27 Feb 2004 07:10 pm Post subject: yes

it sure did. 51.35 high for today. though it hit my target first, at 51.

Limit orders, man, gotta love 'em.

plichter

Posted: 28 Feb 2004 01:31 am Post subject: Great Pick MM

Great pick $$MR MARKET$$!!! In and out in just two weeks with a 16% gain. I'll take those returns any day of the week, and twice on sundays.

You are truly HUGE !!!

Regards,

Paul

Ton

Posted: 28 Feb 2004 05:47 pm Post subject:

Another great pick Ernie, and what is even better, Karel didn't sleep at all He sold this beautifull stock for nice 16% profit. Your Hugeness rocks again! Thanks, Ton

10. I took the liberty of posting Mr. Market's open positions. I hope you dont mind Mr. Market. I know you are shy...so trying to help.

Its nice to see you monitoring the boards here.....How's the wife?

FROM MR. MARKETS SITE:

Here are all of my open positions for stocks that I bought using my quantitative investment model which I describe below:

STOCK DATE IN PAID NOW GAIN TARGET
    PTSI 4/15/2002 24.84 17.25 -30.6% 28.9
    CHKE 5/22/2002 21.50 20.96 -2.5% 24.9
    WSB 6/30/2003 10.67 9.14 -14.3% 12.4
    PRX 9/18/2003 72.40 62.39 -13.8% 83.7
    CBK 10/20/2003 29.38 18.63 -36.6% 33.9
    CFC 12/4/2003 80.97 91.63 13.2% 93.9
    BEL 1/2/2004 21.12 17.90 -15.2% 24.4
    GGI 1/9/2004 24.11 21.54 -10.7% 27.7
    HAR 1/14/2004 77.39 77.99 0.8% 89.3
    ASCA 2/10/2004 27.00 25.52 -5.5% 31.3
    SSNC 2/14/2004 44.40 50.79 14.4% 51.2