Anyone see a Q4 2018 Repeat?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by RGLD, Aug 14, 2019.

1. MKTrader

MKTrader

Oh, please no more Janet. Calm markets like 2017 are always followed by volatile markets...eventually. That's just the ebb and flow.

#11     Aug 14, 2019
  2. Overnight

Overnight

*smack* Calm markets do not mean markets that do not trend, they mean markets that do not rip your face off!

#12     Aug 14, 2019
  3. RGLD

RGLD

Haven't you heard everything you buy clears through 2 firms? CME and ICE? And before they hit those 2 only a handful of banks get your orders and they get it from bigger brokers who don't even face retail? Not saying they are doing this, but you know, if you're on the "inside" you'll know what the plans are. And yes, all these indices move together because they are based on companies that "they" are buying for 6-9 months before they start dumping again. Yea, I'm crazy, You're a regular on this forum right? If this is a new trend I'll message you 9 months from now when there's another sharp drop that'l lose 9000k on the dow in 2 months, then we'll have this discussion all over again. I don't look at the market that far back. What I suspect ( if you're gonna call me crazy ) is that this is a new game "They" are playing. It started in 2018 and I think it'll probably repeat until Trump's time is up, which could be 2024. So get ready for this thing to drop again, then another 6 month rally. Then reelection, they dump again.

And yes i know you don't like Trump - you think he's doing all this so he can get a nice tax cut for his billions before f ing everyone over in 2020 or 2024....

If you think that's crazy, I think you're really Jim Cramer.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
    #13     Aug 14, 2019
  4. Overnight

Overnight

Well, no, products on CME clear through the CME, and products on ICE clear through ICE.

Products on Eurex clear through Eurex. Products on JPX clear through JPX. Products on AUX clear through AUX. ETC etc.

There is no cabal.

#14     Aug 14, 2019
  5. RedDuke

RedDuke

Correct, equities are fragmented thus enabling HFT trades. Futures are a much more leveled field.

#15     Aug 14, 2019