Anyone Running Six or More Screens?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by flipflopper, Aug 29, 2008.

1. gnome

gnome

It shouldn't. I once asked Nvidia tech support about that and they said the OEM cards were identical.

#21     Aug 29, 2008
  2. gnome

gnome

That's some serious hardware. You going to have it ready for Tuesday's market?

#22     Aug 29, 2008
  3. Wait... did you just say Nvidia tech support. I thought they were just a legend.

#23     Aug 29, 2008
  4. gnome

gnome

If I recall correctly, I asked the question in the Forum... somebody responded who identified himself as an Nvidia tech person.

You said before, "when you installed the 440, the cursor came up as a bunch of dots"... did you by chance try changing the cursor?

#24     Aug 29, 2008
  5. Yeah, I had em ship it overnight so I should be good to go.

I'm treating myself a bit.

Been trading part time for 3 years, day trading full time for the past 18 months. Became consistent after 12 months of full time.

In July I really broke out. Was profitable 22 days in a row making a minimum of $1500 a day. Racked up a little over 54K for the month.

On August 4 tragedy hit. My fiancee's 19 year old baby brother was shot in the head and killed. When something that devastating happens time stops. The pain and depression is unreal. But one thing you realize is that life is short and you need to live it with no regrets. I was contemplating this setup for a while and finally did it. Not sure why I'm writing about this.

From a business perspective everything I have ever done in terms of investing in equipment/software/data for trading has all paid for its self many many times over. I never new how valuable it was but once I get it I'm not sure how I ever traded without it.

Anyways thanks to everyone for the advice.

Good trading to all.

#25     Aug 29, 2008
  6. Would that matter? I reinstalled the old video cards and the cursor was fine?

#26     Aug 29, 2008
  7. gnome

gnome

I don't know.... just fishing. When troubleshooting, you try everything you can think of and hope you get it before you run out of things to try.

#27     Aug 29, 2008
  8. Catoosa

Catoosa

Running 3 Matrox quad cards for 12 monitors with no problems. I often only turn on 6 of the 12 monitors.

#28     Aug 30, 2008
  9. are you using vista? vista has to use the same driver manufacturers.

the only one i could think of on the top of my head that supports 3pci exp 16 cards is tthe 780i. look at tigerdirect .comfor more motherboards.

#29     Sep 9, 2008