Anyone running NinjaTrader on Windows 7?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by ArcticTrader, Jun 14, 2009.

1. ArcticTrader

ArcticTrader Guest

Just want to see if anyone here is running NinjaTrader 6.5 on Windows 7, and what their experiences are like. I realize that Win7 is technically not released yet, but it's supposed to be pretty stable and has an XP compatibility mode that might be useful.

If anyone is running NT on Win 7 64 bit, please just post here and let me know how it works... thanks!

2. I'm running Windows 7 and NinjaTrader. Works fine...

3. ArcticTrader

ArcticTrader Guest

Thanks, guess I'll give it a shot...

4. 20KADAY

20KADAY

I am running 64 bit vista on one of my systems and there continues to be some issues with NT on it.
    Most of the time I stick with XP and it runs well.

5. ArcticTrader

ArcticTrader Guest

Well, I went ahead and installed it on Win7... so far seems to be fairly snappy. I had to set it up on 2 virtual PCs running XP + 1 main copy running natively in 7 just to get it to display a bunch of range charts without seriously lagging though... so in effect I now have a "triple-threaded" version of NT 6.5. It's pathetic that I have to run 2 extra copies of this program simultaneously in virtual machines just to get it to function like a normal piece of trading software... amazing. 2 weeks until the end of Q2 and the supposed release of the NT 7 beta... I'm counting the days!

6. GiantDog

GiantDog

And still counting the days. :( At least for the open beta.

How is everybody doing with NT 6.5 and Windows 7?

Is NT 7 being built to run on Windows 7?

7. Surdo

Surdo

NT 6.5 runs flawless on Win 7 for me.