anyone remember those vicious 3pm bounces?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by OTCkrak, Aug 19, 2011.

1. He forgot to mention the 60 other times he went long between the fall of 2008 and march 2009.

#11     Aug 22, 2011
  2. Damn. You guys sound like the poster children of "bend over best buddies". One is 18 and other is like 40..... sad and sick

Real winners.....

#12     Aug 22, 2011
  3. Not really, actually pretty good post, I can relate to most of it because I started tradng in '03. I was a mook {:>) Perfect timing, that 3/03. Shit was going up and help make up for plenty of mistakes. As far as 3/09, another poster had to slap me to get me going. I think ya just get caught up in the day to day news and miss out on the bigger picture.

#13     Aug 22, 2011
  4. I just happen to think that he is basically correct in his assessment of most guys on this site.

I mean all you did above is tell everybody you went long the lows of 2009 without ever mentioning how many times you probably tried to catch that falling knife in the six months prior.

Even great traders took heat on alot of bottom picks during that period.

Then to cap it off, you inferred the same thing in 2003.

Meanwhile, you've been nothing but perma-bull platitudes for the past month. I'm sure six months from now, you'll study your charts and tell us you went long another intermediate term bottom.

#14     Aug 22, 2011
  5. OMFG....

stock777, you have posted over 13,000 times on ET in 10 ten years.

That averages to 1,300 per year..

Do you live in ET or in the real world?

You should get an award.

#15     Aug 22, 2011
  6. I was in 90% cash since 2005 b4 buying in 2/09 and 3/09. I knew bear market was coming up soon... I was way too early...

I was all giddy as the market was collapsing in the first 3 months of 09........ Couldn't believe it...

I laughed really hard when I heard that Bear Stearns was being bought for $1 the midnight before the announcement.. funny stuff....

You make many assumptions. You sound like someone who could be Napolean Dynamite's dad... with all due respect... hahahaha

Tether ball champion of your town?

And you seem pissed most of the time...

And damn, you post a lot, too.... 1000 posts in one year....

#16     Aug 22, 2011
  7. Who the hell was Napoleon Dynamite's dad? He lived with a couple of cousins and an aunt.

Anyhow, assumptions are educated guesses based on a few decades of market experience. I know the numbers as far as how many make it and after reading so much of your naivete, I'm very confident I have you pegged accurately.

I'm a great bullshit detector.

#17     Aug 23, 2011
  8. This.

#18     Aug 23, 2011
  9. stev8es9

stev8es9

what is the PPT today?

#19     Aug 23, 2011

10. :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek: :D

You are a very smart man or woman.

#20     Aug 23, 2011