Anyone reads The Economist?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by turkeyneck, Dec 20, 2007.

1. andread

andread

And definitely someone who know what he is talking about:

One of the things that makes me nervous today is how cheap credit risk has become… The problem is, something can always happen

that was in May 2006

#31     Dec 22, 2007
  2. I completely agree!

I rarely read it in the past, but I don't even bother STEALING it occasionally from my public library anymore.

It lost me forever when it pumped the (now debunked) "peak oil"
    theory as fact.

The world IS indeed divided into those who read Fortune and those who don't!

#32     Dec 23, 2007
  3. Pekelo

Pekelo

You are a fucking moron dear. Of course the Economist was right, I guess I have to start to read it... :)

Would you care to point me in the direction of the debunking? Wait, first show me where they disproved gravity....

#33     Dec 23, 2007
  4. xiaodre

xiaodre

Here ya go, courtesy of google:

http://peakoildebunked.blogspot.com/

They have good articles, but their coverage has political leanings. Like every other news out there, they gotta be taken with a grain of salt.

#34     Dec 23, 2007
  5. Pekelo

Pekelo

Oh boy, you are an IDIOT too, according to your quoted website! :)

Not to get offtopic for long, what do you get when you apply continuous usage to a limited resource?

Using an analogy so even you can understand, when we apply continuous usage (living) to your life, that means a certain point where you passed half of your life. That would be your peak, so to speak....

Got it?

Edit: Oh you silly muffin, the second line on your quoted website is:

"DISCLAIMER FOR IDIOTS: This site officially accepts that oil is finite, and will peak someday."

:)

P.S.: What kind of moron website contradicts itself in less than 2 sentences???

#35     Dec 23, 2007
  6. chalice

chalice

Oh, yes. Many useful articles.

#36     Jan 4, 2008
  7. best 'newspaper' i have ever read so far in my life. i at least skim it every week. trade ideas? well that is a relative term... for sure a lot of information in there or in other early reporting secondary sources like NPR that you could start to engineer some trade ideas on

#37     Feb 16, 2008
  8. Did they do a report on debunking global warming yet?

#38     Feb 16, 2008