Anyone pulling money out of MF Global?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by Daal, Oct 28, 2011.

1. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

You must be a real idiot to put money in such broker. Mine is leveraged 40-1 on irish debt. :D

#31     Nov 1, 2011
  2. Daal

Daal

Yes, I was thinking MF did like IB and send funds from futures account to the securities to protect the client. They probably didn't, so the non-securities clients are fucked

#32     Nov 1, 2011
  3. Me. The wire has been requested and supposedly sent for delivery tomorrow. I am awaiting my entire trading account funds.

And freaking out, quite frankly.

#33     Nov 1, 2011
  4. usman88

usman88

Do you have an account in the USA? Can you share any email addresses on contact details on personnel you are in touch with?

#34     Nov 1, 2011
  5. Yes I have a USA account. I've been dealing with my IB who goes to MF. Requests for money has been made.

But this is what's scaring me: http://goo.gl/0D45y

#35     Nov 1, 2011
  6. usman88

usman88

Up till now MF Global has not refused withdrawal, at least not to me, so I don't get how valid this article is. I submitted withdrawal application 4-5 hours back and I immediately started calling my contacts. They say its under process and 'will take time'.

Should I write to SIPC too? I am not a US citizen but my account is maintained at MF Global USA

#36     Nov 1, 2011
  7. Hell if I know. I'm in the same boat you are.

#37     Nov 1, 2011
  8. asap

asap

assets should be frozen by now. it would be very surprising that they were wiring money out of their account (segregated or not) if they filled for bankruptcy, they not entitled to touch any assets. i would call the US authorities and file a claim right away.

#38     Nov 1, 2011
  9. benwm

benwm

You should prepare for the worst just in case:-
    Print off electronic statements. Print off recent email correspondence that might be relevant. Trades completed in the last couple of days. Record any phone conversations.

If the MFers shred their own paper records you'll need to have your own records.

This is every traders worst nightmare but just remember that with Refco all futures traders got their money back in full so hopefully it will be the same outcome.

Good luck.

#39     Nov 1, 2011
  10. I have just been formally informed after again asking about my wire placed today, that my entire account funds at MF Global are now frozen and cannot be released until some unforeseeable time in the future.

Fuck me.

#40     Nov 1, 2011