Anyone Posting their trades to twitter or FB?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Scaramanga, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Hello
    Do any traders here post their trades to their facebook or twitter account? I was thinking about doing it. It could only help my strategy. If not, is there a better social network for traders to use? Thanks

2. hajimow

hajimow

It won't help. You will make a mistake in your trade and you would get advice to repair your trade and people make fun of your bad trade and your ego won't let you to get out of your bad trade because you posted it and want to prove that you are right. If you don't post your trade, you can easily fix your mistake by turning off the lights and get rid of that bad position and slapping your face and no one would know.

3. There's guys posting trades on twitter all over the place. I would not suggest following any of them, but they are there.

4. 96.4 % of the trades on twitter are winners.

If you can't match that %, please do not pollute the stream.

[​IMG]

5. I post all my trades at my blog.

6. Parents without partners is better, but you will be posting your cable instead of trades.

7. RobertG

RobertG

What platform do you use? You can integrate some directly into the APIs without writing the post separately.

8. RobertG,

There are a couple of programs that will forward emails to your twitter account. If you have esignal or tradestation or any trading software that can send trades to an email account, then all you have to do is set up an email account for your trades.

The software will forward your emails to your twitter feed. This software is about $5 per month to use.

The software allows you to only forward messages that contain certain keywords, so you could choose to forward emails that only included the words 'buy' or 'sell' for example. This way, you wouldn't forward any spam to your twitter feed.

Integrating with the twitter api is overcomplicating it and no worth the effort.

Runningbear

9. Pauly

Pauly

Many traders post on stocktwits. You should look at them as an example.

I think the key question is "Why do you want to do this?"

Ego?
    Social Networking?
    Improving your win % because you now have people looking over your shoulder as you trade?

Once you know why, then you'll know if this is a good idea for you.

Personally, I tried it, my purpose being to improve my win %, but it turned in to an ego thing. I happily tweeted my wins, but hated to put my losses out for public viewing. When I saw that my tweets were just an ego stroker I stopped. Your mileage may vary.

10. Unless you post your trades in real time, everyone will just think you're a joke.

Runningbear

#10     Jun 8, 2011