Anyone playing around with AAPL options?

Discussion in 'Options' started by Onevoice, Jan 26, 2010.

1. overkil2

overkil2

Yeah, I kinda noticed this as well. The only place I've seen worse is the young Widow and Widower board. :(

#11     Jan 26, 2010
  2. Onevoice

Onevoice

Kinda got that feeling from the responses. I take anything and everything that people have to say... someday, sometime, somewhere it will end up being useful

#12     Jan 26, 2010
  3. My suspicion is that the lackluster performance of aapl today had absolutely nothing to do with their results or tablet, but was a by product of the larger market which has a strong downward force at the moment.

The uncertainty about Bernanke and other items is weighing negatively.
    If anything, the positive opening results were a strong sign in light of this backdrop. If he gets voted in and the market likes it, shorts may just get taken to the cleaners on aapl (Guess which would be the 1st stock to lead the skyrocket). Not a good short for that reason, IMO.

That being said, volatility has been rising, so caution flags should abound.

#13     Jan 26, 2010
  4. Onevoice

Onevoice

Lets move away from my comment about 'handsome profit' I just thought a 20% return on one trade qualified as handsome but nvm thats not important

Obviously I can't show my trades in real time, too much time consuming to print screen, crop image, attach etc. My point of this thread was not meant to show-off how much money I made, it was just to try and see if others on this forum were involved with AAPL options at the moment

the reason i discounted your post about buyers was because I too was following the stock all day long and saw huge spikes for both buys and sells. Not sure if there is a tool that provides the total buys/sells by day end by time intervals, etc

#14     Jan 26, 2010
  5. Onevoice

Onevoice

Yea I closed my position already, since I too am predicting a surge in the coming weeks for AAPL

But do you really think AAPL will lead the rally on Bernanke news? I would expect the financials especially C and BAC since they have gotten battered in the past couple of weeks

Volatility pretty much made my trade today so can't complain about it. Will wait for another solid surge before going into AAPL again

#15     Jan 26, 2010
  6. I just tend to think all major indices would get bought up on a perceived good news lift and if it 'was' perceived as good, as you know volatility clusters, so expect large spike. Qs are easy to move by purchases in aapl; and appl would get a lift regardless, being largest component.
    Techs have been leading the rally, so momentum is on Qs as well.

Conversely, if the market actually does a major type of tank, you're better off shorting something weak in anticipation as insurance against the appl boost. Just not a good candidate to short considering the results, outlook, and attempt today, IMO.

#16     Jan 26, 2010
  7. For the record, AAPL closed at 205.94. Well done sir.

Now tell me what tomorrow's lotto numbers are going to be so I can make some real money. :p

#17     Jan 26, 2010