Anyone planning on buying the dow tomorrow around the 6650 level??

Discussion in 'Trading' started by spanish89, Mar 3, 2009.

1. You seem rich drsteph.. :) :cool:

I dont have an 'investment portfolio' though, i only had £759 capital to start with, and have had to be earning enough to making a living (£1,1000per month) from that for the last 9months..,
    so for me every hour / minute of the day im in constant fear of where my next meal is coming from. :(:(

I made ALOT of profit (just under 30k during the volatility last year between July t Decemember),
    but now that the volatility is all gone and my capital is all spent (5k lost this since year started),
    im back to a 3figure account and having to make a living from this again. :(

But so ive had develop extreme patience combined with very accurate technical analysis.. :/

But ive been seeing this dow move for the last few weeks and now looks very clsoe to the time when we get a nice rally upto 7062. :)

#11     Mar 3, 2009
  2. hajimow

hajimow

Sell it at 71 or sell it at 55 in 6 months. I hope you get my point. Those who sell are fed up with this market and had enough of it. Don't blame them. What are u going to do with your 50 cents profit?

#12     Mar 3, 2009
  3. um 55 cents times probably 1000's of shares, dummy

#13     Mar 3, 2009
  4. You are kidding me right? You have £759 as your trading capital and you were able to draw £1,1000per month profit (you had an extra zero it looks like) from it to pay off your living expense? You have been making >140% profit a month trading? With that performance (if consistent) you shouldn't have any problem finding a sponser to give you a million pound to trade.

#14     Mar 3, 2009
  5. The futures traded a little lower after the US markets closed today.

Comes tomorrow if the US markets still go lower (or big gap down open), I think it's due for a technical bounce. Then I would take advantage of it to ride the Dow/S&P futures up.

#15     Mar 3, 2009

6. ALoha mate,
    yea i called all my trades live in advance and posted daily screenshots of my acocunt each day n why i was making the trades that i did, and the sizes that i was tradng as the account grew.

It started in my journal on t2w
    (got banned from there in summer but theres now a topic on there just about me that has over 20,000views and over 100pages). lol :cool:

But i kept a daily trading journal on here from the summer of all the trades as i built the account up.
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=134046

(I notice that i did accidentally put an extra zero on the end of my monthly living expenses though) lol

ALthough during those good weeks when i was trading at £8 t £12 per tick i was withdrawing over £2,000 per month as wanted to treat myself abit for once in my life. :)

Since january though the market movement changed completely as it became ALOT lot slower, with ALOT less intraday moves,
    and so i lost alot of money as i didnt change my trading style fast enough to mathc this. :(

And i have applied for loads n loads of trading firms,
    but no-one is interested in hiring, especially since i havent got a degree.

#16     Mar 3, 2009
  7. I guess you are not going to answer any of my questions, huh stock? Oh well I guess your credibility can't possibly get any worse, as everyone on here knows you are utterly and completely full of shit! You must have one hell of a life, God what a loser you are, its almost sad, but I for one will never feel sorry for ya.

#17     Mar 3, 2009
  8. JOEY O

JOEY O

I would not be surprised if we got a bounce back to 8000 on the Dow like the ones we got back in October and December. One thing is for sure, I'm closing all my shorts EOD for sure.

Friday has some crucial economic releases, unemployment expected at 7.9%.

#18     Mar 3, 2009

9. Why do people post on forums they dont seem to like or enjoy??! LOL :eek: :confused: :cool: :p

Never understood it!

#19     Mar 3, 2009
  10. K so im looking to buy the dow tomorrow, want it under 6700,
    but managing to gte it under 6600 even better. :)

Non-farms could cause a big rally tomorrow when all the trade exchanges take place very fast as the number comes.. :cool:

Chart to show why i want to buy dow so much...

As we had the big fall in october due to the 'shock and jolt' caused by lehmans going bankrupt overnight so suddenly...

And had that big 1300+ vertical down move,
    but then lots of very fast big up and down swings over the next few weeks/months causing sideways consolidation.

We now had another big donw move based not on shock, but just a 'shaking out move',
    since no-one wants to buy anything as everyone still thinks market will go down more and they can buy cheaper.

So theres been lack of buying interest combined with trend chasers short selling the dow still too.. :)

But this most recent down move has been way too elongated and steep for my liking, and so its now time to buy for the bouce.

:cool:

#20     Mar 3, 2009