Anyone paying attention to the collapse in LEH

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Mvic, Mar 27, 2008.

1. S2007S

S2007S

I was listening to bloomberg this morning and they asked some money manager about LEH upgrade, he said there may be a chance that LEH erases all of yesterday gains and moves up 12%+, I laughed so hard when I heard that, do you really think a simple upgrade is going to take LEH up 12%+, do you think one upgrade and all worries are gone, :p

#51     Mar 28, 2008
  2. empee

empee

Only in early stages of a bull market I would think, don't think we're there yet!

How often do markets bottom on good news?

#52     Mar 28, 2008
  3. S2007S

S2007S

I think you will be able to buy LEH again in the low 30's maybe even upper 20's no way do we go through one of the worst credit crisis and bottom out in only a few months time, just not possible. This takes years to fix.

#53     Mar 28, 2008
  4. Mvic

Mvic

Everyone knows that at some point the financials are going to have to make some significant additional writedowns, it is no longer if but when. Can prices be pushd up before that happens so that people can short at better prioces or get out of their positions if long? Looks like they are trying hard to make it so but it looks like a losing battle. Much lower prices coming for the financials, only question is how much can they squeeze shorts before the capitulation starts.

#54     Mar 28, 2008
  5. S2007S

S2007S

Agree, its not an IF question but WHEN, and many do not believe that the financials still have more to writedown, prior to BSC bailout everyone saw another 10-20% downside for financials, after BSC bailout all those who didnt like the financials finally came out and said a bottom was in, most of them at the time were up 25-50%. Who would buy LEH at 40+ when just a week earlier it was at $20-$22 a share, did people actually think it was going to go to double again and jump to 80+, time to sell the financials was last week, I think they are getting ready for another 10-20% drop....

#55     Mar 28, 2008
  6. jsmooth

jsmooth

I also wanted to see this report? Anyone have it....or does anyone who read it want to shed some light on it? thanks

#56     Mar 28, 2008
  7. Blah, blah, blah . . .
    More crap from the self-appointed ET "guru" on the banking crisis.

I'm sorry, but I'd rather listen to Meredith Whitney at Oppenheimer about what specifically is on the balance sheet of LEH.

You obviously have very little clue, otherwise you wouldn't be making all sorts of "generalizations" . . . which is what you seem to "litter" ET with on a daily basis.

Nothing that you ever claim on here is even supported by the slightest of fact.

It's just ALL blah, blah, blah . . .

How much does Baron pay you again per post?

:D

#57     Mar 28, 2008
  8. Or, they could be LONGS who are simply looking to hedge stock that they bought at lower levels after a significant run-up.

But to the "ET Conspiracy" theorists such a thought never ever enters one's mind as a distinct possibility.

#58     Mar 28, 2008
  9. Bowgett

Bowgett

That would be too simple for convoluted ET minds.

#59     Mar 28, 2008
  10. S2007S

S2007S

HEY LANDIS, THE FEDERAL RESERVE IS THROWING MORE MONEY AT THE PROBLEM, without the federal reserve stepping in you would see all markets around down 30-50%....

Federal Reserve throwing another $100 BILLION dollars at the problem, you just dont get it do you, there is a crisis and you think everything is roses. Sad, get ready for the fools to start talking up rate cuts when the markets start to drop even lower.

#60     Mar 28, 2008