Anyone own a new Mini?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by riskarb, Apr 14, 2004.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

No shit AAA. What the hell. I had about 500 bucks in my bank account when I was 16 and I worked since I was 12. Damn man, what did I do wrong. :(

And another thing, when did relatives start buying their nephews and nieces cars? Did I miss this phase. My relatives bought me candy, not cars. LOL.

#11     Apr 14, 2004
  2. She owns the babysitting gig in her neighborhood, she's very miserly. She also has one of those big water cooler bottles filled with quarters/nickels/dimes -- full to capacity.

She tells me she does better than $100/week from the babysitting.

#12     Apr 14, 2004
  3. yeah wouldnt want the cool car messed up :)

#13     Apr 14, 2004
  4. There was a really amazing article in one of the auto magazines last year ( I think it was Autoweek ) in which the art director of the magazine was out on a backroad really pushing this new Mini-Cooper.

Unfortunately, the roads were rather slick due to a recent thunderstorm and this guy slid off a turn and into a tree. The entire car collapsed around him and he wound up walking away. The State Police that arrived at the scene of the accident couldn't believe that the driver hadn't died.

http://www.nhtsa.gov/NCAP/Cars/2887.html

The Mini Cooper is one of several models that earned a Best Pick from the IIHS for its crash-test performance, boosted by its half-dozen air bags.

#14     Apr 16, 2004
  5. #15     Apr 16, 2004
  6. #16     Apr 17, 2004