Anyone out there think 5% realtor fee is way too high?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by limitupmike, Aug 10, 2009.

1. all the fees associated with a mortgage are a crock too. Doc fees, underwriting, origination..............

#11     Aug 10, 2009
  2. Please post trading topics in the Trading forum.

#12     Aug 10, 2009
  3. insurance agents do not make that much individually.. but htey have a huge book of business when they are doing well which gives them a great income. I like having a personalo gent so I have someone to talk to.. and my rates are on par with geico and progressive who so not give a crap about you. My agent will let me borrow his car if i really needed it!!!!!!!!

#13     Aug 10, 2009
  4. can you suggest where this should be posted please?

#14     Aug 10, 2009
  5. gmac insurance. all online. no agent. cheapest i have found for both home and car.

#15     Aug 10, 2009
  6. Commisions are split four seperate ways in a transaction with two agents. (Two agents and two brokers) It's a lot added up but it's not going to make somebody rich especially after advertising, MLS fees and factoring in the agents time. In a crappy market like this, advertising fees can get astronomical.

#16     Aug 10, 2009
  7. I am not talking about the stand point of being an agent and gettign rich.. I am talking about taking money from people who bought a house and owned it for 30 years .. just to give 3 % of it away in fees.. .. I am against the agents.. i do not care who gets rich .. but i do care that realtors or brokerage companies of realty make way too much in fees..

#17     Aug 10, 2009
  8. nothing stopping you from selling it on your own and saving those fees. i have sold all of my houses fsbo.
    there are companies that will let you list on mls for a flat fee.

#18     Aug 10, 2009
  9. true..

#19     Aug 10, 2009
  10. Where it is right now.

#20     Aug 10, 2009