Anyone one on one mentoring?

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by danielc1, Sep 7, 2019.

1. Daniel, there are a lot of struggling traders out there and I was thinking that you might get a large number of responses. Have you thought about the best way forward if you get, say, 50 or more requests in the next few days...

Best of luck to you. Hope you'll come back later and let us know how it worked out.

#41     Sep 8, 2019
  2. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Slope Trader, message post isn't specifically directed to you. I'm just reviewing some things that danielc1 stated and a few things mention by others in this thread.

I would like to see him pay it forward in those daytrading groups in Belgium considering the typical ET member is not going to get up off the couch and jump on a airplane to fly to Belgium to be mentor by an anonynmous person online nor will danielc1 jump on an airplane to go mentor someone.

Thus, there's a lot of flaws in that perception that its FREE. Airplane tickets, gas in the car...its not free.

If he's willing to do that...he would have mention such already just like he would have already posted any broker statement when any fool request such. My point, its info that should have already been posted and the details of the mentoring should have been explained in his first message post in this thread to prevent the thread from looking like deep sea spearfishing...

Like posting a résumé. You don't mail out letters to the HR office of a business with the title and nothing else...I want a job.

Oddly, his message post when he mention his wife seems not interested in listening to him when he talks about trading...

It seems like he's just searching for a friend to talk to about trading. Someone he can talk to in person. Hint: Belgium daytrading groups that meet in person should satisfy the interaction need that he's not getting from his spouse about trading and at the same time satisfy the need to pay it forward.

wrbtrader

Last edited: Sep 8, 2019
    #42     Sep 8, 2019
  3. Don’t think you can fake a live streaming video. Show the date and time on your computer and start up your trading apps and let other see what u doing live. Win, lose or draw. I don’t care. Just want to see how you trade to see if it fits my personality of trading.

#43     Sep 8, 2019
    qlai likes this.
  4. smallfil

smallfil

There is a lot of trolls on ET who call other traders fake but, have not shown one bit of trading competency. Actually, it is the ET trolls who are the biggest fakes like a $3 bill! If you have the guts to call anyone fake, you should show your own trading records and show us how good you really are!

#44     Sep 8, 2019
  5. You sound like a very interesting person, I would like to get to know more about your idea behind what you're looking towards on mentoring someone and how would you structure it.

I would be open to discuss about it if you want to private message me, eitherway if you don't, it's nice to hear about people trying to help out others out of own good will, sounds fantastic and wish you the best :)

#45     Sep 8, 2019
    T-Mex likes this.
  6. why not set up a group chat on social media, like sabachat, whatsup?

why not set up a group chat on social messaging, like sabachat, whatsup? all interested elite trader can join in.

#46     Sep 8, 2019
    wrbtrader likes this.
  7. i think this dude is all talk and no action. just from my trading experience...there is a high probability he won't pull thru. no live trade video or group chat. who want to bet on it?

#47     Sep 8, 2019
  8. danielc1

danielc1

Can I take that bet? How much do you want to lose?
    I have a real question for you: Why do you put yourself in this position? I can put up a trade video for all to see.
    I find it personally a shity way to proof something to the naysayers. And all I gone get out of it is a bunch of questions about how I do it and why I do it in that way and nobody will learn nothing from it because it is not the key to become a good trader... All it will proof is that I make money for a day with trading.

#48     Sep 9, 2019
  9. like i said all talk and no action.

#49     Sep 9, 2019
  10. Thing is many of us have seen it all being here for many years, the guru offering to mentor.

Let me tell you the most honest truth.

Trading is something that requires full dedication, no part time traders making money. Those are called investors making money in bull markets. Trading requires years of experience trading in front of a screen, no amount of teaching will push you up that curve. It is an acquired skill not a taught skill.

Trading entails individual vision, 10 people can look at the same charts and trade it 100 different ways and never be able to teach what they see. You see what you see and I see what I see and you can improve my vision but never match yours.

Trading is hard and most will fail for various reasons due to stress, lack of discipline, failure to give it full time and attention, failure to sit through the monotony of winning consistently.

It cannot be mentored and the only one who profits from mentoring is the person receiving the check for doing so. I have dabbled in it (for free thinking that mentoring someone would make my own skills better) and in the end it just distracts from your own trading and you drop it.

#50     Sep 9, 2019